Ruger MkII "Trigger Shields" -- in production still?

PDA

MatthewVanitas
November 3, 2006, 11:16 PM
Looking over older threads and links, it appears that a company called "On Target" used to make a trigger shield for the MkII.

This device apparently kept the .22 crud out of the trigger system. I currently use dental floss to get behind the trigger bar and get the crud out, but it'd be nice to just prevent it in the first place.

Anybody know where I can get a hold of such a device? Yes, I know one can be made by hand, but I'm not too talented.

-MV

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger MkII "Trigger Shields" -- in production still?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
battlecry
November 4, 2006, 12:28 AM
Why don't you make one? Cut the pattern out of a soda can.

Kruzr
November 4, 2006, 01:17 AM
Bill, who used to run On Target and made trigger shields out of stainless steel, is no longer running the business. As mentioned, you can make one out of aluminum. It won't last as long as the old stainless ones but they are easy to make. They keep the action clean and you won't get that gritty feel in the trigger.

XavierBreath
November 4, 2006, 02:42 AM
Instructions for a DIY trigger shield. (http://www.wiztechs.com/knightsrealm/guns/22-45/shield/blastshield.htm)

MatthewVanitas
November 4, 2006, 03:18 AM
Groovy. Do I need to use tin-snips, or what's good for cutting aluminum cans?

I still feel clever for using dental floss to clean the transfer bar (as said, I'm not very mechanical), but this should help delay that point.

-MV

Kruzr
November 4, 2006, 03:28 AM
Those instructions are for a 22/45 trigger shield. The Mark II or III doesn't need the hole in the middle. Just a square part that fits the area where the hook goes and a tab on the square part corners to fit under the lip in the upper where the hook goes in. The tongue is the same.

You can use scissors to cut an aluminum can.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger MkII "Trigger Shields" -- in production still?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!