AR-15 grips w/ storage space: any just like A2 grip?

PDA

MatthewVanitas
November 4, 2006, 02:37 AM
Anyone have any advice on AR-15 grips that seal-off to provide storage space?

I'm figuring out how many neat little tools I can stick inside my standard A2 grip, if only it had a little door at the bottom.

I've seen the "Israeli" storage grips, Tango Down, etc. Does anybody make something just like a plain A2, but with a closing door on the bottom?

I'm also open to alternate suggestions, but believe that I may be able to fit a Kershaw Chive, Sunto compass, fishline and hooks, and a tightly rolled Miss November centerfold into a standard A2 grip.

-MV

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-15 grips w/ storage space: any just like A2 grip?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jackal
November 4, 2006, 03:20 AM
A2 grips....(shudder)...the original blister-buster.

MatthewVanitas
November 4, 2006, 03:26 AM
A2 grips....(shudder)...the original blister-buster.

It's what I was trained on, and I've honestly never had a problem with it.

If someone wants to show up on my doorstep and let me feel out different AR grips side-by-side, I have plenty of cold Shiner Bock in the fridge.

I also always felt perfectly happy driving a Toyota Corolla, until my girlfriend let me drive her Cadillac.

-MV

Telperion
November 4, 2006, 04:08 AM
Cheap (http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/56pt87spg2.asp) and cheaper (http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/sch-5.asp)

Bartholomew Roberts
November 4, 2006, 11:41 AM
Have you looked at the Magpul MIAD? Not only does it have storage, it also has different backstraps and front straps so you can configure the grip just about anyway you like.

rbernie
November 4, 2006, 12:03 PM
Have you looked at the Magpul MIAD?Be warned that the MIAD is wider than an A2 pistol grip no matter how you configure the backstrap. Having said that, the MIAD fits me well with the largest backstrap and I am putting it on all my AR-15s.

TexasRifleman
November 4, 2006, 12:08 PM
I really like the Tango Down Battlegrip but again it's not exactly like the A2.

Some reason you're hung up on that exact shape and size?

MatthewVanitas
November 4, 2006, 12:31 PM
Some reason you're hung up on that exact shape and size?

It's what I'm used to. (See post #3)

I haven't had a chance to try the other grip types, but I to tend to prefer smaller grips for my wee paws.

-MV

TexasRifleman
November 4, 2006, 12:34 PM
I haven't had a chance to try the other grip types, but I to tend to prefer smaller grips for my wee paws.

Just wondered. The TD Battlegrip doesn't seem any bigger to me, but the angle took some getting used to.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-15 grips w/ storage space: any just like A2 grip?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!