Taurus PT-111 Millenium Pro

PDA

marksman13
November 4, 2006, 09:46 PM
Anbody had much experience with this pistol? Just bought one for my wife because she liked the way it felt. Still not sure that I made a great choice. Seems to shoot fairly well at least. Good looking pistol, IMHO, but don't know how reliable it is going to be. Looking for any type of experience good or bad. Hope it's mostly good though. LOL And also, does anybody know of a good IWB holster for this pistol that isn't going to cost a fortune? I think this may become my CCW when my wife isn't carrying.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus PT-111 Millenium Pro" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jkwas
November 4, 2006, 10:26 PM
I purchased one for my wife. She and I both love it. Very reliable, fairly accurate. Also very concealable. The best things about are: Easy to rack slide, DAO with a fairly light trigger makes for a very short learning curve. It always shoots the same way each time. No transitioning from DA to SA to have to think about. Very ergonomic controls and grip.

C-grunt
November 4, 2006, 11:52 PM
A friend had the PT145 .45 ACP version and it was a good gun. It never jammed and was pretty accurate for its small size.

camacho
November 4, 2006, 11:54 PM
It's a great gun. I love mine! As to holsters, check this link: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=219250&highlight=CCW+holster+PT111

I ended up getting this generic one but at some point in time will invest in a better one even though this one seems to do the job:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/KEY133-1965-2226.html

real_name
November 5, 2006, 12:02 AM
My Father in Law is ex Military, long time gun collector and a regular shooter.
He has had a PT111 as his primary carry for the past few years with absolute confidence, he repeatedly tells me to get one of these 'secret bargains'.

weregunner
November 5, 2006, 04:01 AM
Another satisfied PT111 Mil/pro user here. Has no problem digesting the JHPs that are used for defense. Accuracy is very good. Winchester, SilverBear, Black Hills, Remington, and CCI all fire without a hitch. Like the sights and light trigger pull. The older PT111s regular models had some trouble feeding JHPs due to partial guide on the feedramp on the magazine. Sold the old regular model and upgraded to the Pro model.

kokapelli
November 5, 2006, 11:47 AM
I had the newest version that is set up with a single action trigger, although it will go double action in the event of a misfire.

It was 100% reliable, but was not very accurate for me and I decided I did not want to carry a cocked and locked, stricker fired single action pistol.

I replaced it with a CZ PCR and am much happier now.

It was very reliable and you may like it very much.

Ala Dan
November 5, 2006, 12:05 PM
Just make sure that you follow the instruction manual to the letter
when field stripping the Taurus Mil PROS; get it out of sinc, and it
will take you a minimum of a couple of hours to get it back together.:uhoh:

swingset
November 6, 2006, 06:03 AM
I love mine, trust my life to it every day, and that's saying something. I was very skeptical of the gun when I got it, but 1000 rounds later it's still perfect and very accurate for what it is.

jeepmor
November 6, 2006, 07:14 AM
My wife likes hers and I love my PT145. Both are PRO models with DAO trigger. Both offer the reliability required of a CCW in spades. I have yet to find an ammo that causes it to hiccup with roughly 5-7 flavors of various factory FMJ and JHP offerings and handloads employing RNFP and SWC that have been down the pipe.

jeepmor

marksman13
November 6, 2006, 01:56 PM
thanks for all the input guys. I am having to adjust to the Heinie sights. She shoots them well because they are the only sights she has ever really used. She loves it. I love it. The PT 111 Mil/Pro is a winner! Only problem is she has fallen in love with my SA-XD. Guess I'll be buying her one before long.;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus PT-111 Millenium Pro" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!