Iver Johnson TP-22

PDA

Carbon_15
November 4, 2006, 10:21 PM
Picked up one of these at the gun show today. Neat little gun, but the dang gun is too small for the finger rest on the magazine to be usefull. I want to take it off, but not permenatly modify the gun (not sure if I want to keep or trade it yet). My pinkey finger is left hanging in space either way so the finger rest just ends up being in the way.
Does anyone know how to dissassemble the magazine. There are 2 pins at the base, but they wont come out and I dont want to force them.
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Iver Johnson TP-22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MICHAEL T
November 4, 2006, 10:43 PM
Leave it alone I tried to remove mine in 80's when new finger rest Broke all to peices . Just live with it I carried one in early 80's loaded with CCI mini mags It was a trouble free pistol back then. I would imagin parts and mags might be getting scarce by now.

Ala Dan
November 5, 2006, 05:21 AM
but I also would leave it "as is". The downside too these little gems is the
cost of the OEM magazines, if you can find them. The last ones I saw at
a gunshow were selling for $140 each; and the seller didn't have but three.

If you enjoyed reading about "Iver Johnson TP-22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!