FEG PA-63 question

PDA

Prince Yamato
November 4, 2006, 11:50 PM
I recently purchased a PA-63 (Makarov PPK). The gun shoots well and I enjoy it- so much so that I intend to use it as my CCW weapon once I get my permit. My question is this. I've been having a hard time with the safety, it's literally painful to engage or disengage. Is there a remedy for this? I was also thinking that since the trigger pull in DA mode is like 20lbs that I could avoid using the safety all together. That brought up another question. Is the gun drop safe with the safety off? I'm generally very careful with my guns, but I want to avoid potentially fatal accidents anywhere I can.

If you enjoyed reading about "FEG PA-63 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bpisler
November 5, 2006, 12:43 AM
Try www.makarov.com click on the "other
9X18 pistols" link on the left side of the
opening page.There's some good info on
the FEG PA-63 there.

weregunner
November 5, 2006, 04:12 AM
Prince Yamato. While at the Makarov site already posted, go to the message board which is the Makarov Forum. You can post this question there as many P63 and P64 users post questions and recieve answers there on many problems. It is free to join. The military gun board there at www.gunboards.com has posters there too, as well as the Modern handgun section.

Teakwood
November 5, 2006, 09:31 AM
I had the same problem when I first got my PA63.
I just kept working it back and forth until it loosened up.

makarovnik
November 5, 2006, 09:30 PM
I had the same problem with my PA 63. The last coil of the safety was all bent up and knarled up one of the ball bearings in the safety mechanism. My brother had the same problem but one of his ball bearings was actually missing. Be VERY careful when you take the safety apart. Do it in a plastic bag because parts are small and will go flying all over the place. I took a needlenose pliers and carefully bent the end of the spring back into place and got a new ball bearing and it worked great. The pistol was very nice looking but recoil was nasty and it had feeding issues. Even with hollowpoints. I traded it for a new 9mm Hi-Point and have never regretted the trade. Good luck!

If you enjoyed reading about "FEG PA-63 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!