Russian 7N1 Ammo & Finn M39?

PDA

Langenator
November 5, 2006, 01:43 AM
Anyone tried it? How'd it work?

If you enjoyed reading about "Russian 7N1 Ammo & Finn M39?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hoppy590
November 5, 2006, 02:15 AM
better question, where did you get 7N1 and was it rediculously priced? :rolleyes:

i imagine this combination would work fabulous, as the finn is a fabulous rifle and inherantly accurate. and the 7N1 is second only to the mythical Etalon for performance and consistancy

Langenator
November 5, 2006, 02:39 AM
Check the back cover of the current SGN. Buyammo.com is advertising it, although I'm not sure of the price.

I was just wondering-I have other ammo needs that are higher priority than 7.62x54R at the moment (I've got about 1000 rnds of that-I need .223, 7.62x39, and GP11).

Still, at typical urban/suburban distances in a SHTF scenario-an M39 with a scout scope and match grade ammo would be wicked.

Cosmoline
November 5, 2006, 03:41 AM
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinAmmo030.htm

Hmm. 152 grain Spitzer BT. Well it might be OK, but most M-39's I've shot seem to favor heavier bullets closer to the D-166 200 grain Finnish ball.

Also, according to Ted these are recent production, which means it WAS NOT made for any Mosin. It's for the SVD and other modern semiauto sniper rifles, which favor much lighter bullets than the old Mosins.

jagdpanzer347
November 5, 2006, 11:06 AM
There was quite a bit of excitement over the 7N1 when this current batch hit the market over on gunboards. You might try a search over there. The general concensus seemed to be it wasn't really that much more accurate in Mosins than other surplus ammo. My case remains unopen in the hopes I might someday pick up a Dragunov($$$$)or PSL. I paid 150.00 for the case when dansammo had it. Pretty cool to have some actual Russian sniper ammo in stock though.

-jagd

Stiletto Null
November 5, 2006, 11:48 AM
My M39 (so far) seems to prefer light ball, actually...

jagdpanzer347
November 5, 2006, 12:08 PM
Mine to, in my admittingly limited testing. Nice that 54r is so cheap right now, you can try a wide variety.

-jagd

If you enjoyed reading about "Russian 7N1 Ammo & Finn M39?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!