Are you addicted to THR already?

PDA

DAL
January 5, 2003, 02:05 PM
How long has THR been up and running? A month, maybe two? (I really don't know, that's why I'm asking.) I've seen several people here with several hundred posts to their credit, and I am wondering how. I can possibly see the moderators having that many, but that number astounds me for average Joes. Do you live at your computers? Do you have time for shooting, reloading, friends, household chores, family, etc.? This is not a flame on those people, but I am curious about this.
DAL

If you enjoyed reading about "Are you addicted to THR already?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
January 5, 2003, 02:55 PM
This place opened on Dec. 24th, i believe.. I think that some members snuck in a little early..

As to your question, "Am I addicted to THR",take a look at my post count. :D
I have some free time on my hands,so as for me, I'd rather spend time here than watch TV..

capbuster
January 5, 2003, 03:00 PM
Affirmative!!!!!!

MountainPeak
January 5, 2003, 03:01 PM
I am not addicted. My post count clearly shows that I am still in the recreational use mode. Do not post this again in a month or so! I may come off on you. Most addictions become progressively worse over time!:)

Blackhawk
January 5, 2003, 03:02 PM
Who, me...?

:D

Schuey2002
January 5, 2003, 03:05 PM
As Blackhawk mentioned on the first day,"It's all about having fun", or something along those lines..:D :D

"gonna' have me some fun... gonna' have me some fun"- Predator

sm
January 5, 2003, 03:07 PM
I have an excuse...err- reason personally:D

PATH
January 5, 2003, 03:18 PM
It is extremely addictive! I'd rather sit and do this than watch TV. Being on vacation does not hurt either. I love being in a place where the folks are nice and the conversation is wonderful.

I enjoy the hell out of being here. I did not realize my post count was that high/;)

4v50 Gary
January 5, 2003, 03:25 PM
Yes. A lot more fun than TV and the discussions are more stimulating and enjoyable.

Tamara
January 5, 2003, 03:26 PM
4v50Gary, Blackhawk, PATH, Preacherman, re1973 and Schuey2002 are addicted. I'm not. ;)

Blackhawk
January 5, 2003, 03:36 PM
Yes. A lot more fun than TV and the discussions are more stimulating and enjoyable.I'll say they are. I ask the chowderheads on TV why they think this or that and they never respond. I compliment the occasional one who says something valuable, and they never even say thanks or acknowledge anything at all. Discussing things with those on TV is a total waste of time!

ed dixon
January 5, 2003, 03:58 PM
Blackhawk, by the time THR is around as long as TFL lasted, you should have about 75,000 posts going at this rate! Mere mortals gape in awe. (Amphetamine... it's not just for dinner anymore.) Seriously, suspect "Blackhawk" is actually M.I.T.'s successor to Big Blue, the computer chess champ. "Big Tactical Black" is actually the unholy offspring of demented professors locked in a basement lab. The end days are nigh.

firestar
January 5, 2003, 04:00 PM
It is now the best gun forum on the net so who whouldn't like it here?

J.Gillespie
January 5, 2003, 04:03 PM
Yeah, as you can see by my post count, I spend alot of time here. I guess you could say that I am addicted?:neener:

Actually, I just got here. I have been over at "Guntalk" and was only signed up with "TFL" for a couple weeks before it closed. This seems like a cool place so I will probably sit back, put my feet up on the coffee table ( is ok to put the feet up on the coffee table?) and chat a bit with you all.

2nd Amendment
January 5, 2003, 04:12 PM
New Forum, new arguments, new perceptions. Of course it's addictive. Add to that the fact I'm spending my days in a job where all I do is sit on my arse, answer the phone and play on the computer, maybe reboot a server occasionally, and you can bet my post count will get ugly fast. :D

10-Ring
January 5, 2003, 04:18 PM
Addicted? NO! I can walk away anytime...IF I wanted to :neener:

thisaway
January 5, 2003, 04:21 PM
Isn't the first step to treating an addiction the willingness to admit you have a problem?

Well, I don't have a problem! :D

Sisco
January 5, 2003, 04:24 PM
Hello. My name is Sisco and I'm a THRaholic.

perry
January 5, 2003, 04:37 PM
This place is like a breath of fresh air.:)

voilsb
January 5, 2003, 05:03 PM
I'm not addicted, I just have a lot of free time. I expect my time on this board to shrink once the winter quarter starts up tomorrow.

Rangerover
January 5, 2003, 05:08 PM
Addictive? Heh-Heh! It's not called The "HIGH" Road for nothing! :p But is it a "gateway" forum to "harder" forums? Hmmm...:confused:

voilsb
January 5, 2003, 05:13 PM
J.Gillespie

Yeah, as you can see by my post count, I spend alot of time here. I guess you could say that I am addicted?

How can I see this post, and yet your post count is zero? is that a bug, or a feature?

Blackhawk
January 5, 2003, 05:15 PM
What's amazing, J.Gillespie, is that when I read your post, your left column profile said you had 0 posts. I clicked your profile button, and it also said you have 0 posts.

Spooky! :what:

PATH
January 5, 2003, 08:26 PM
Break out the tin foil hats and the conspiracy theories! THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE! :what:

grampster
January 5, 2003, 08:32 PM
J. Gillespie's post counts are like the odometer in a '57 Chev.
Once you go over 100,000 it rolls around to 0 again. Yep! He's addicted:scrutiny: :D

Calamity Jane
January 5, 2003, 08:35 PM
Though my T.L.Q. (talk level quotient) varies, I check in here every day, usually several times a day, to get my THR fix.

Does that count as "addicted"? :evil:

matis
January 5, 2003, 08:36 PM
by sneaking their drinks. So don't judge my degree of addiction by my post count. I don't post very much, but "something" draws me to THR 6, 7 and even 10 times a day.

Actually, I'm just attracted to quality. :D :D

Matis

Schuey2002
January 5, 2003, 09:16 PM
That's strange. [As I put my tin-foil lined baseball cap on]

How can you ( J. Gillespie ) have 0 posts under you name??

I couldn't log onto this site earlier, maybe we had a glitch on this site sometime today. *shrug*:(

Pointman
January 5, 2003, 09:58 PM
THR opened a few days into vacation time and occupied most of the remainder of said vacation.... too bad I have to go back to work.. eventually... :rolleyes:

hansolo
January 5, 2003, 10:38 PM
Like most of us, my heart sank when I read Rich's plans to pull the plug on TFL; THR has become a different, yet similar home!
I was afraid I'd actually return to a lot of TV....thank goodness, I'm back in the saddle again, in front of my computor! It's been said before, but I'll say it again: Thanks, Oleg!:D

556A2
January 5, 2003, 10:54 PM
Nothing better on the Internet to fill my free-time, so yes Im an addict lol

J.Gillespie
January 5, 2003, 10:55 PM
As I posted earlier, there was a computer glitch and when I finally got my post up I was wondering why it didn't show my first post?? Lets see what this one does.

Maybe I don't have "The Force" like the rest of you? Maybe I am just the "Black sheep" of the family here? I feel so alone...:D

Well, looks like it gave me a post count of one....should be two...I feel like I just got robbed! Like I was in a football game and ran for a touchdown and still missed by one point.:banghead: :p :p

Schuey2002
January 5, 2003, 11:05 PM
There are those of us out here that know that you should have a number 2 under your name..

:D

J.Gillespie
January 5, 2003, 11:15 PM
Thanks Schuey2002

Did someone say make it 3? Don't mind if I do...:neener:

Uncle Ethan
January 6, 2003, 12:44 AM
Since the 1911forum closed the general discussion forum I found THR- really nice here, and the gun related rule for general discussions seems relaxed, so it's great.:p Good smilies too!:D

tdow
January 6, 2003, 11:03 AM
I have been enjoying this more than TFL.

--tdow

ruger357
January 6, 2003, 11:04 AM
Not me.:D

WaterBoo
January 6, 2003, 12:06 PM
I'm not addicted! I'm just an abuser.

I joined TFL a year before it ended but never posted to it. I checked it a number of times each day.

This is my first post to THR. I don't usually have anything to say but I enjoy reading the posts and feel that I am a member of a club filled with good people.

:D WaterBoo

H&K Fan
January 10, 2003, 03:24 AM
Not yet.

New_comer
January 10, 2003, 03:34 AM
I averaged 2 posts a day at the TFL.

Here, I'm doing 5...

Could that be classified as "addicted"? :cool: :neener:

Lennyjoe
January 10, 2003, 03:47 AM
When Im online this is my next stop after I check my email. Not as active posting here than I was on TFL but I've been quite busy lately.

MLH
January 10, 2003, 01:51 PM
Amen!:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Are you addicted to THR already?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!