AR compatable parts for my su 16ca?

PDA

masterplan
November 5, 2006, 03:35 PM
I have heard that there are parts on the su 16 rifles that can be upgraded with higher quality parts from various AR manufacturers....anyone know? (not mags, internals - thanks)

If you enjoyed reading about "AR compatable parts for my su 16ca?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shifty
November 5, 2006, 05:12 PM
extractor assembly is the only internal part that i know of for certain. maybe the ejector? i dunno, possibly the mag release.

it still blows my mind how simple this gun is.

gaweidert
November 5, 2006, 05:17 PM
After tearing down my SU-16A, about all I could see that my be interchangeable are the hammer spring, extractor and extractor spring. I am not sure about these parts, but they look the same. Since I have put a few thousand rounds through mine without any problems, I don't see any need to change any parts at all.

geronimo13
November 5, 2006, 10:42 PM
Go to http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=105;action=messageindex;start=20
and ask there. I have one. I believe the magazine, extractor assembly, and muzzle breaks/flash hiders are interchangable. They also have all kinds of add ons (picatinney rails, flashlight, laser, front grip, etc) you can get. Some post pictures of their tricked out guns on the owners group site.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR compatable parts for my su 16ca?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!