pedersoli sharps question

PDA

old ironside
November 5, 2006, 05:29 PM
a local gun shop has a pedersoli sharps in 45.70 for 800. I could not find the pedersoli mark anywhere on it and did not look under the wood. Where would the pedersoli mark be on a sharps? The bore looked good, but needs a couple of patches run through to clean it. She comes with a tang sight and the globe inserts but no globe.

If you enjoyed reading about "pedersoli sharps question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ocharry
November 9, 2006, 02:16 PM
hi ,,ironside.. i took alook at my 74 and it is marked on the bottom of the barrel just in front of the forearm,,,my 74 is a dixie gun works rifle ,, i don't know if that will make a differance or not... it says....Pedrsoli cal. 45-70 made in italy hope this helps

ocharry

Car Knocker
November 9, 2006, 02:55 PM
Mine is marked the same as ocharry.

old ironside
November 9, 2006, 09:34 PM
that helps. This one said made in italy under the barrell (in front of the hand guard) but that was all, which made me suspect it could be an armisport. If so then 799 is too much for it as I hear they are not as desirable.

Gaucho Gringo
November 10, 2006, 10:58 PM
Here is a place where you can download a pdf file to decode the markings that the Italian gunmakers put on the barrels of thier guns. It is https://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/PDF/POWDER/MBPProofmarks.pdf

The Deer Hunter
November 10, 2006, 11:18 PM
isnt that a cartridge firearm?

If you enjoyed reading about "pedersoli sharps question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!