Colt Single Action Army Revolver - chance to buy

PDA

meef
November 5, 2006, 07:12 PM
Interesting thing happened at the local gun show today.

I ran into an old acquaintance who it appears married someone whose previous spouse (now deceased) had a decent gun collection. After tossing the concept around for a few years, they decided they were going to sell it off.

They were talking to the dealers at the show discussing getting an appraisal for the entire lot. Fortunately, I managed to get them to forestall that until I've had a chance to go through everything first. Should be able to do so in the next couple of weeks...:D

For example, one of the items on their list was a Colt Single Action Army Revolver in .45LC with a 7-1/2" barrel. I haven't seen it but they said it was in great condition and they had the original grips and a set of ivory ones too. They "may" have the box it came in.

What I did see was a copy of the certificate of authenticity from Colt showing it originally shipped in 1898.

Should I sell a kidney or something in order to buy this from them?

:scrutiny:

They also said there was lots of other neat stuff like antique ammo in the boxes, octagon barreled pump .22s...etc., etc.

I feel like a kid who just discovered a secret candy store.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Single Action Army Revolver - chance to buy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mnrivrat
November 5, 2006, 08:23 PM
You never know what oppertunity may come along tomorrow so I would sell the wifes kidney, or one of the kids . You might need yours for a steel frame Henry or something ! :D

Sounds like a great find and also an expensive piece - but then again, it's only money, and you can make more. Good Luck

Jim K
November 6, 2006, 12:34 AM
Well, don't sell a kidney until you see the gun. I have learned over the years that a non-expert's idea of "great condition" is often not quite the same as the expert's idea. I have seen a lot of rusty junk described as "like new" or "perfect condition."

Of course, if the gun IS absolutely as new in the box, Colt factory A engraving, with a letter from Wyatt Earp presenting it to Bat Masterson, two kidneys won't be enough.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Single Action Army Revolver - chance to buy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!