.308 VLS accuracy

PDA

cmb3366
November 5, 2006, 08:46 PM
What are you Remington 700 VLS (.308) owners getting for accuracy, pics and load data would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about ".308 VLS accuracy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
danurve
November 6, 2006, 11:39 AM
Well noone else has chimed in so I guess I will.
I have one in .243 it is one sweet shooter. I handload and haven't touched the triggor - yet. Also just using an inexpensive sportview for glass, better glass would be a nice compliment but it's holding it's own so far.

Delmar
November 6, 2006, 12:17 PM
A friend of mine had a VLS in 308 and we used some handloads I developed for my VS to try out. That particular VLS shot sub moa, about the same accuracy you'd expect out of the varmint synthetic. I liked the feel of his laminated stock better than what the VS shape has, but that is personal preference.
The loads used were Winchester cases, 44 grains (max) of Reloader 15 and Sierra 168 grain match kings seated to 2.820".
I have no experience with the laminated stock they use on the VLS as to its durability, but I sure liked shooting that rifle. The only thing we did to it is adjust the trigger and mount a Leupold 4x16 scope, rings and mounts. Sweet!

Essex County
November 6, 2006, 01:36 PM
My 6mm Vls was a dissapointment to me so I sent it down the road. Many folks have had very positive experiences, but I doubt I'd spring for another...Essex

If you enjoyed reading about ".308 VLS accuracy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!