Help on older Taurus

PDA

f4t9r
November 7, 2006, 02:39 PM
I have a older Taurus that I am looking for information on and have done some searching with not much luck. So if anyone can help , I am looking for model and possible date gun was made. Taurus was only able to tell me the gun is at least 25 years old and not much more. Here's what info I have Taurus made in brazil , Firearms Int'l Corp. Washington DC , 38 Special ,
Serial #431828 last number might be something else hard to tell.
Any ideas or info ????

If you enjoyed reading about "Help on older Taurus" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ifishsum
November 7, 2006, 03:19 PM
is there any numbers stamped behind the yoke on the frame?

f4t9r
November 7, 2006, 03:23 PM
Only other number is 279 F. You can see that when cylinder is opened

f4t9r
November 7, 2006, 03:38 PM
here is a pic if that helps

Odd Job
November 7, 2006, 03:46 PM
Another model 66?

Check this thread:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=231956

Odd Job
November 7, 2006, 03:55 PM
Actually now that I look at your picture closely, I don't think it is a 66, maybe an old 85.

f4t9r
November 7, 2006, 05:06 PM
I wonder if I can get grips for this gun , to replace plastic ones that are on it. I know this thing has been around for about 30 years maybe a little longer.
Im going to clean it up. It belonged to my Dad who just passed away and I was just wondering what it was? Not alot of info so far but I sure do thank you for what you have came up with so far. Thanks for your help !!!

daBear
November 7, 2006, 08:30 PM
Well, you can forward your photo and a brief explanation to Taurus in Brazil and they may help. In fact I did that a couple of years ago as Taurus USA was pretty much useless. You may have to do a bit of digging on the web but you are looking for Forjas Taurus Brazil SA. I know the last part of the address was ???@taurus.com.br :confused: but I cant recall the first part. Perhaps "info" or it may be on their website. To me it looks like a nickel version of the Model 80 as it has fixed sights and a tapered barrel but they will know.
Good luck
Cheers
dB:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Help on older Taurus" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!