FN FAL Mags

PDA

El Tejon
November 7, 2006, 05:40 PM
Just received a shipment of thirty-five FN FAL mags from Inter Ordnance. The order form says "excellent condition" and 34 of the 35 of the magazines are in great shape. #35 has some rust issues on the body but not the follower and should clean up well.

They were $6.95 a pop and worth it (to me), especially since after today the prices will go up and up.

Here are the fine folks at Inter Ordnance: http://www.interordnance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=INTERORDNANCE.com&Category_Code=Contact

If you enjoyed reading about "FN FAL Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thefabulousfink
November 7, 2006, 05:45 PM
Hate to rain on your parade.....
http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?id=efd43897-d455-4cf8-8baf-b9cf7cbe19a4
$2.99 Used at Tapco

I am not sure how the condition compares, but I have seen some pretty beat up FAL mag feed just fine and clean up nice with steel wool and engine paint.

jagdpanzer347
November 7, 2006, 07:34 PM
I just ordered some of the five dollar good condition mags from DSA. I will post their condition when I receive them.

-jagd

El Tejon
November 8, 2006, 08:38 AM
Thefab, thanks for pointing out the others. I don't mind paying more, just as long as I have them as in a few months we won't be allowed to legally purchase them.

jthuang
November 8, 2006, 04:01 PM
Let us know how they work out. I have heard mixed reviews about the Tapco ones so I'd be interested in first-hand experience.

jagdpanzer347
November 21, 2006, 11:24 AM
Just got in my mags from DSA. Overall I'm quite pleased. No rust or dents, varying degrees of finish wear. I'll order more. Now all I have to do is either build or buy the FAL!

-jagd

Chuck R.
November 21, 2006, 11:30 AM
jagdpanzer347,

I bought 30 of the $5 DSA mags back when they sent new springs with them. Every one I received was serviceable with most in either new or like new condition. Some were nicer than the one they shipped with my rifle.

I even got away with asking for only Steyr's a couple times.:D

Chuck

1911JMB
November 21, 2006, 04:03 PM
I got a box load of 5 dollar FAL magazines from DSA not too long ago. Good stuff. I don't know how cheaper than dirt's 3 dollar mags are, but DSA's 5 dollar mags are very good. Maybe a little dirty and showing signs of storage and limited use, but they are in good shape. I think they might have been reconditioned at some point.

If you enjoyed reading about "FN FAL Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!