My new(ish) Mosin!

PDA

Hogfan1911
November 7, 2006, 07:17 PM
As I had posted in an earlier thread, I went out & got myself a Mosin this weekend! My "all the major battle rifles/carbines of WWII" collection has begun. Thanks to all those who replied to my question. The 7.62x54.net link was and still is especially helpful. Out of the 7-8 choices at the show, I settled on a 91/30 manufactured in 1942 at Izhevsk for $90 cash. There was a hex-receiver 1916 w/bayonet that I wanted but couldn't quite afford right now. There was also a 1936 model being sold for a widow that I could've gotten for 70, and was externally in good shape, but the bore hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. I had just about talked myself into taking a chance on it anyway but it sold before I made it back to the table. So I went with the one I have now, which had the best trigger & bore of the bunch. Hope to provide a range report soon. It's cool to think I may own a rifle that was carried into battle at places like Stalingrad or Kursk. Or I suppose it could've been issued to the worst conscript in the Red Army who spent the entire war on latrine duty in Siberia.:confused: Who knows?

If you enjoyed reading about "My new(ish) Mosin!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jagdpanzer347
November 7, 2006, 07:37 PM
Hogfan, congrats on your purchase. Make room for more, they tend to multiply!

-jagd

Cosmoline
November 7, 2006, 07:39 PM
Not a step backwards!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/Gussick/poster-2.jpg

Hoppy590
November 8, 2006, 02:24 AM
is it bad that im laying in bed with mine ? :scrutiny:

Gord
November 8, 2006, 02:45 AM
Only if you put lipstick on it. :D

Charles W Webb
November 8, 2006, 03:27 AM
Or name it Sharleen :neener:

zamboxl
November 8, 2006, 11:16 AM
Well Hoppy i guess u can never be to prepared for the great zombie war:evil:

dispatch55126
November 8, 2006, 10:50 PM
Don't forget the firecrackers

If you enjoyed reading about "My new(ish) Mosin!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!