Wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PDA

Phantom Warrior
May 19, 2003, 07:47 PM
I picked up my permit today at the police department today and carried for the first time this afternoon while I was running errands. This may not seem like a big deal, unless you caught one of my posts about three weeks ago. I had applied last summer and the chief turned me down cold during the interview for no reason I can discern. I'm completely law-abiding and well-behaved. And I was expecting to get turned down again this summer. Even more so because I was applying in the last thirty days of Minnesota's may-issue law because I'm only 20. I was hoping to get issued now instead of having to wait 7 months until I turn 21, but I wasn't betting on it. This morning I got a call from the LEC saying "You're permit is ready. Come pick it up." No interview, nothing. Needless to say, I was flabbergasted. I still don't know why the chief decided to issue with no hassle, but I'm super pleased.

So, just some more good news. The ranks of MN CCW holders swell by one...

If you enjoyed reading about "Wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cordex
May 19, 2003, 07:52 PM
Congrats!
Now, go forth and prove the "blood will flow in the streets" crowd wrong.

Standing Wolf
May 19, 2003, 09:03 PM
Congratulations!

You, uh... do realize, of course, you're wreaking havoc with the expectations of Minnesnowta's leftist extremist anti-Second Amendment Bigots, don't you?

blades67
May 19, 2003, 09:03 PM
Good on ya! Now go to the range and celebrate!:D

SkunkApe
May 19, 2003, 10:35 PM
Congratulations!

geegee
May 19, 2003, 10:55 PM
Congratulations!

By the end of your first day, you're probably feeling what most of have felt: 1. Everyone can tell I'm carrying. 2. Man, this really is a huge responsibility. Now the real fun starts. Building up the inventory of the "holster drawer." :p geegee

4v50 Gary
May 19, 2003, 11:08 PM
Congratulations.

Ala Dan
May 20, 2003, 12:30 AM
Congrat's there, my friend-

I can remember when I got my first CCW; it was a big
deal too me, even if nobody else cared. Knowing that
your record indicates a clean bill of health is something
to be proud of!:) :uhoh: Later on, when I became a
LEO the comment was made about how long I have
had my license. So, welcome to the concealment world.
Enjoy~

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

If you enjoyed reading about "Wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!