Where to Send an AR Barrel for Vortex Installation?

PDA

Kestrel
November 8, 2006, 12:07 PM
Who would be a good gunsmith to send an AR barrel, to have a Vortex flash hider installed? This is a Colt carbine, with the permanently installed muzzle brake.

If it has to be cut off, I assume the Vortex will have to be silver soldered to the barrel.

Thanks for any help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to Send an AR Barrel for Vortex Installation?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wdlsguy
November 8, 2006, 01:01 PM
Adco Firearms (http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices.cfm?page=shop) should be able to help you.

socomcen
November 8, 2006, 06:04 PM
Randall Rausch at www.ar15barrels.com also does excellent work usually within a week and a half w/very good prices.

Harry Tuttle
November 8, 2006, 06:09 PM
if its a Colt Barrel,
there might be threads under the pinned brake

taliv
November 8, 2006, 08:48 PM
that ar15barrels.com site seemed pretty cool. but i noticed their inventory page says last updated back in december of 05 and they haven't responded to an email i sent them yesterday. are they even still in business?

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to Send an AR Barrel for Vortex Installation?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!