Ok i had a funny thought...

PDA

natedog
May 19, 2003, 10:00 PM
If the AWB sunsets I'm going to be busting up laughing at the people who have purchased $50 M1A mags, $70 P-99 mags, $2000 pre-ban AR-15's, $100 G-19 mags, etc. Of course I will probably stop laughing when I remember that it will have no effect in California... :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Ok i had a funny thought..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4v50 Gary
May 19, 2003, 11:57 PM
I'd rather have the AWB sunset and have my guns deflate in price and new guns be readily available on the market - including the 100 round C-mags. Guns for all!

Monte Harrison
May 20, 2003, 09:08 AM
I'm still waiting for all the guns that were supposed to flood the market when everyone sold their Y2K guns!

MicroBalrog
May 20, 2003, 09:15 AM
If it sunsets, I'll move to the U.S.A.:evil:

Carlos Cabeza
May 20, 2003, 09:42 AM
HAHA, Funny Micro ! I won't be laghing if it sunsets, I'll be enjoying my new found freedoms !

TechBrute
May 20, 2003, 09:54 AM
C-Mags for all!!

LightPlanePilot
May 20, 2003, 10:05 AM
Even if (or when) the ban sunsets, don't expect prices to fall.

The price simply reflects what the market will pay. The price of a subgun will still be 8-10K simply because thats what they will continue to ask, and thats what they will get.

The ban has nothing to do with the price.

Mute
May 20, 2003, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't say NO effect in KA. If it does indeed sunset, you can have all of the pre-ban items on your already owned post-ban guns. Not that it means much here in the land of fruits and nuts.

Ol' Badger
May 20, 2003, 12:24 PM
Uzis, Uzis, Uzis, Uzis.....:D

blades67
May 20, 2003, 12:25 PM
If it sunsets I'll have to buy more of everythiing!:D

MicroBalrog
May 20, 2003, 12:26 PM
Uzis, Uzis, Uzis, Uzis.....
AK's, AK's, AK's!:neener:

cordex
May 20, 2003, 12:31 PM
Even if (or when) the ban sunsets, don't expect prices to fall.

The price simply reflects what the market will pay. The price of a subgun will still be 8-10K simply because thats what they will continue to ask, and thats what they will get.
The price of a subgun will not be affected because full-auto is not regulated by the "semi-automatic assault weapons ban" of '94.
The ban has nothing to do with the price.
Someone needs to study market dynamics and the concept of supply/demand.
If people are paying $2000 for a rifle with certain features and I can buy a similar rifle for $700, legally (after the sunset) put $150 worth of parts into it and resell it for $1500 (undercutting the other sellers but still making a pile of cash) why won't I? Why wouldn't a dozen smaller companies do so? And how will the companies refusing to sell for less than 2k survive when we undercut their market? Simple, they do it for cheaper and undercut (or match) us.

Get rid of the 1986 FOPA bit that bans new production of machine guns and you would only see $8,000 tags on collector subguns. Likely you'd be seeing more $500 STENs and $900 M16s.

blades67
May 20, 2003, 12:34 PM
HKs, HKs, HK's!:D

LightPlanePilot
May 20, 2003, 02:01 PM
I agree to a certain extent that pricing pressure would tend to force prices down. However if the ban goes away, the supply won't change. The demand might change.

With increasing demand for the limited supply, the prices may stay artificially high.

I'm not sure any store owner would start cutting prices when he could keep them high and still make the sales.

The people who have been buying these items are the same people who will continue to buy them. I don't see a whole new market opening up here.

cratz2
May 20, 2003, 02:36 PM
I have no idea how much they would go for in a post-AWB sunset economy, but I'd love to have one of those mini AKs with folding stock. I don't care how inaccurate they are or how impractical. And I've never been the quasi-commando type (I only own one semi auto rifle) but imagine the look on a carjackers face if you whipped out a mini-AK on him!

10 years of your constitutional freedom, lost - $Too Much
10 years of living in South Central - $Too Much (if not impossible)
Your 'six-fo' Impala with 13" gold wire wheels - $Too Much
Pointing a mini-AK at the mo fo tryin't to jack it - Priceless

cordex
May 20, 2003, 02:49 PM
I agree to a certain extent that pricing pressure would tend to force prices down. However if the ban goes away, the supply won't change. The demand might change.
Eh wot? Are we talking about the same thing here?
With the ban in place, no new semi-auto detachable mag rifles with certain features can be manufactured for mere citizens such as myself (plus similar bans on some pistols and shotguns).
Get rid of the ban and those who want to produce and sell guns meeting the legal criteria of "assault rifle" can build 'em with the evil features - thus increasing the supply. Demand for the product is another thing altogether.
I'm not sure any store owner would start cutting prices when he could keep them high and still make the sales.
That works right up until Joe Somebody realizes that they can go out and legally cook up their own Evil Black Rifle for less. See previous example.

Ol' Badger
May 20, 2003, 02:54 PM
Hand Grenades Hand Grenades Hand Grenades Hand Grenades Hand Grenades Oppps. Thats still illegal :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Ok i had a funny thought..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!