NC STAR SCOPES

PDA

Slinger
November 8, 2006, 09:00 PM
I bought a new AR at the Indy Show this weekend. I looked at some scopes for it. Some of them were made by a company called NC STAR. Anyone have any insights or experiances with these scopes?

If you enjoyed reading about "NC STAR SCOPES" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hksw
November 8, 2006, 09:02 PM
Made in China.

Jackal
November 8, 2006, 09:13 PM
For the price of an Ncstar, your better off getting a refurb Nikon Prostaff from Ebay or Natchez. I have 3 of them, and they are clear, rugged and a super value for around $100.

50 Freak
November 9, 2006, 02:57 PM
Only reason I am considering a NC Star myself is I like the shortness of their 3x9 scopes.

Nice package: 5 inch scope 3x9 power scope with illuminated rectical. Wish there were better options out there that did not cost $500 or more.

chicane
November 11, 2006, 10:06 AM
I bought the 3x9x42 NcStar optic that your talking about. Its a decent cheap scope, The adjustment screws are not very precise, But after setting zero they seem to hold pretty it well.

The illuminated reticle is a major let down. Basically there is a red LED that lights up the whole inside of the scope, the bad part about that is that you can see alot of the interenal tube of the scope, and lots of the red light gets bounced back into your eye.

Besides that its ok, I bought it for the same reason you are looking at it. It's a very compact scope that will give you 9x magnification and still look nice mounted on a carbine. (In my case it was a 16" AR-15).

carterbeauford
November 11, 2006, 02:58 PM
Consensus is that they are junk. That said, I have them on my .22 and my SKS and they hold their zero. I would not trust them for serious hunting or self defense, or put them on a really nice rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "NC STAR SCOPES" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!