Sight options for a 98k

PDA

euclid
May 19, 2003, 11:31 PM
I have an old, beat-up German 98k that shoots great but the sights suck. What sort of sight options, short of having a gunsmith drill and tap for mounts, would you recommend for target/hunting work at ranges NO GREATER THAN 100 yards?

poof...

If you enjoyed reading about "Sight options for a 98k" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cracked butt
May 20, 2003, 02:37 AM
There's a sight called a MOJO SIGHT, that replaces the rear leaf sight and has an aperture rather than an open sight. It helps the sight picture immensely.
http://www.mojosights.com

euclid
May 21, 2003, 12:02 AM
Well now, that looks a bit like a solution to my problem. Have you or anyone else used one of these? If so, how robust is it? How difficult was it to install?

Thanks!

poof...

B27
May 21, 2003, 12:15 AM
Lots of guys over at www.milsurpshooter.net have tried them. Great majority of reports I have seen have been favorable. I think I'm gonna try some on my Yugo M48A.

cracked butt
May 22, 2003, 03:29 AM
They are solid. All you need to do is tap out the pin that holds the rear leaf at the hinge, press down on the leaf's hinge, pull the leaf rearward to remove it- it might take a bit of pushing and pulling as you need to compress the spring under the leaf. Do the opposite to install the mojo sight.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sight options for a 98k" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!