ArmsTech magazine Extender on Rem700 PSS

PDA

mmike87
November 9, 2006, 12:25 PM
I recently installed an ArmsTech magazine extender on my 700PSS.

Several times, I had a complete FTF with the round jamming in the gun, hard enough to push the bullet all the way into the cartridge, spilling the powder all over the place.

If I pushed the rounds in the magazine firmly all the way to the rear that seemed to help. Is the factory magazine spring not strong enough for the extra length magazine? Is the follower installed on the spring incorrectly? Any ideas appreciated. The gun never had an issue before this.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "ArmsTech magazine Extender on Rem700 PSS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gewehr98
November 9, 2006, 06:50 PM
Is it the .308 or .223 version?

The mag extender includes a block-off plate for the .223 version.

Also, how was your mag follower spring tension prior to installing the mag extender? If it was marginal with the original floorplate, it may not be enough when the mag extender is installed.

I do notice in my own .308 700PSS that both before and after I installed the ArmsTech Mag Extender, the gun usually fed more smoothly when I purposely pushed my rounds all the way to the rear of the box magazine.

mmike87
November 9, 2006, 07:22 PM
It's the .223 rifle.

The rifle was pretty new when I installed the extender, so the spring tension to me felt "like new" before installation of the extender.

Gewehr98
November 9, 2006, 11:40 PM
Specifically meant for the .223 version. If you haven't installed it yourself, it's a little block-off plate intended as a cartridge stop, I'll have to dig my instructions out and look for it. ;)

Here's what it looks like installed in the mag extender:

http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/1863.jpg

mmike87
November 10, 2006, 08:49 AM
Sure enough. I am holding the stop in my hand. The rifle is NOT in my hand. Therefore the stop is NOT installed on the rifle ... :o

Thanks for the advice. I'll install it and I am actually on my way to the range right now.

mmike87
November 10, 2006, 10:01 PM
This is why I ask questions here.

Worked perfectly during today's range trip. Thanks!

(Come on, I'm a guy - no one really thought I'd read the instructions, did they? :D )

If you enjoyed reading about "ArmsTech magazine Extender on Rem700 PSS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!