Marlin 336XLR

PDA

jotto
November 9, 2006, 08:34 PM
I've been looking around for a nice lever action rifle and thus far have liked the Marlin 336XLR. I was curious to hear if anyone out there has one and what their opinion on it is. While I am in no way new to firearms this wil be my first lever action so any tips/pointers, etc. are most welcome.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 336XLR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Z_Infidel
November 9, 2006, 10:51 PM
I have one and am very impressed by it. It is very accurate, and has excellent handling qualities. Getting consistent hits on target at 100 yards is easy with this rifle (and yes, I know that's no big deal). Fit and finish are very good. If I were to ever put a scope on a levergun (I probably won't) this would be the one. I enjoy shooting the 336XLR almost as much as my 1894 Cowboy -- but they are very different guns.

You might also keep your eye on Marlin's soon-to-come rifles chambered for the new .308 Marlin cartridge. There will be a stainless XLR and also a blued version.

grizz
November 10, 2006, 02:14 AM
I have one and I mounted a Nikon 3-9 scope on it too. So far, I love it. The rifle is accurate, reliable, and super easy to clean.

danurve
November 10, 2006, 12:14 PM
jotto; You might want to check out a few posts on marlinowners.com

jotto
November 10, 2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to check out that site now dan.

Thanks again!

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 336XLR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!