Religous Experience

PDA

Turkey Creek
November 10, 2006, 04:07 PM
For the last two years, being a vet, I have taken Veteran's Day off and celebrated at the range- Last year I took my WWI Enfield and WWII Garand- This year I did myself one better as I pulled out my 108 year old Krag that I had never fired- I spent the past week preparing handloads to try to duplicate the original loading-

There is something very spiritual about firing a 108 year old rifle that is four generations old- Somewhere along the line it is possible, though not probable, that someone's Great Grandfather, Grandfather, and Father could have fired this classic rifle- What do we build today that is still going to be around over a century from now and still be as good as ever?-

I didn't shoot it at targets over two hundred yards because these old eyes are not what they used to be, but I was imagining what it must have been like in the Spanish American War carrying one of these beauties around- And she was accurate enough that a Cuban silly enough to poke his head out at San Juan hill would have been toast- This was truely a good day, and to all my Vet friends, salute!

If you enjoyed reading about "Religous Experience" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
clarkford
November 12, 2006, 12:48 AM
Happy Veterans Day. Thank You.

If you enjoyed reading about "Religous Experience" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!