Uberti 1873 Border Model .357 Magnum: just a purty rifle or can she cook too?

PDA

BC_bush_man
November 11, 2006, 12:45 AM
Is this a serious shooter's rifle?
What is the consensus on Uberti quality?
I sure do find her pretty, but is she reliable and well built?
I'm also looking at the marlin 1894C. Which one is better?
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Uberti 1873 Border Model .357 Magnum: just a purty rifle or can she cook too?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Time Hunter
November 11, 2006, 08:17 AM
I've had nothing but good luck with my Uberti's and my Marlin's. Best to ask the question on leverguns.com

Onmilo
November 11, 2006, 08:46 AM
I have owned several Uberti lever rifles over the years and all have been more than suitable.
I own two now, an 1873 carbine and an 1860 steel frame Henry, both guns are chambered in .45 Colt and group and work so well I consider them as keepers.
I haven't any direct use of the .357 rifles but they are fairly popular at Cowboy shoots and the owners win some of the matches.
A Marlin will cost less but you won't have that old west feel when using those rifles.

If you enjoyed reading about "Uberti 1873 Border Model .357 Magnum: just a purty rifle or can she cook too?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!