Replacing Front Sight on Ruger SP101

PDA

rogerjames
November 11, 2006, 04:17 PM
I ordered a Trijicon Night Sight for my Ruger SP101. I would like to replace it myself if possible. I see 2 very tiny holes on either side of the barrel, right underneath the front sight. I assume this is where I remove the sight and I assume I need a special tool to do this. Any advice would be much appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacing Front Sight on Ruger SP101" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Akusp
November 11, 2006, 05:13 PM
There is a roll pin in the holes that you noticed. You will need a small punch to remove the roll pin!

Randy

Sisco
November 11, 2006, 06:28 PM
You might want to get a roll pin punch, they're specially made for this application. A regular punch will work but there's a chance that you'll defom the pin. Ask me how I know this. :rolleyes:
If memory serves me right you'll have to drill a hole in the new sight too.

Striker
November 13, 2006, 02:14 PM
The Trijicon replacement will have to be drilled....if you are not handy and/or do not have a drill press, you might not want to try this yourself. To quote Sisco, "Ask me how I know this". :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacing Front Sight on Ruger SP101" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!