Reloading supplies in Houston?

PDA

DWS1117
May 20, 2003, 01:10 PM
Anyone have any inormation on where to go in Houston, TX.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading supplies in Houston?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jeeper
May 20, 2003, 02:17 PM
THere is a carters country in spring but they arent the cheapest. I have been looking for someplace also.

DWS1117
May 20, 2003, 02:42 PM
I don't mind Carter's Country but they have a very limited selection. If you like or use RCBS (not that I don't but it is not in the budget right now) your in good shape. Since the spring store is 10 minutes from my driveway, that where I have been going. Do thier other stores compare to the spring store in terms of selection?

WalkerTexasRanger
May 22, 2003, 11:17 PM
I shop in C/C all the time on I-10, not bad, but not great. The best place is actually the upcoming HGCA gun show, the 31st and 1st I think, down at Reliant. It is huge, 2000 tables.

If you want Dillon equipment there is a dealer down inside the loop, you can find it in the phone book, it is a little scary of an area, but he is a nice guy. He also will be at the show..

There are so many shows here, that is where most people locally do there shopping...

BTW, if anyone plans on shooting this Sat I will be out at ASC and would welcome meeting any THR folks. I will be down at 200 yards with the AR and the VS....

Good Shooting Everyone!!!!!

hps1
May 23, 2003, 01:46 PM
Bass Pro Shop has a good selection of reloading supplies. I'm not from Houston, but IIRC it is on the Katy Freeway, left hand side of the road going out of Houston.

Regards,
hps

Fish Springs
May 26, 2003, 11:57 AM
The larger gun shows have vendors with a broad selection of loading equipment, consumables, dies and presses.

Carter's Treshwig store/range is the most well stock retail store I've found. It is well stocked and staffed, and I tend to spend money there in conjunction with a range session.

The web works well---for nearly everything, you might try the obvious: Midway. Some others that are dependable: Mid-South Shooters Supply, Wiedners, Graf and Sons.

Fish Springs
May 26, 2003, 03:57 PM
The Bass Pro at Katy Mills is nice, but the selection of reloading supplies seems to have declined since the initial grand opening stock.

I am I just hitting the retail stocking cycles or does the gun department seem a bit thin in its stock?

GrandmasterB
May 28, 2003, 04:11 PM
T's Guns & Ammo has good prices on powder and lead bullets. They are in Texas City.

2212 Palmer Hwy
Texas City, TX 77590-7140
(409)948-0101

Bailey's has OK prices on powder and lead bullets too. They are located at:

3626 Bluebonnet Dr
Houston, TX 77053
(713)433-2475

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading supplies in Houston?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!