Does Anyone Have a Rogat LES?

PDA

Confederate
November 15, 2006, 10:46 PM
This was a huge 9mm pistol from the '80s that had a reputation for being a better paperweight than an actual handgun. I'm just curious to see if anyone still has one. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Anyone Have a Rogat LES?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CZF
November 15, 2006, 10:48 PM
Good God! I hope not. However, there are some MAMBA pistols still for sale if you need one.

Onmilo
November 16, 2006, 09:22 AM
I didn't think very many LES Rogat pistols actually made it onto the market.
They are something like the fabled Ruger XGI .308 rifles.

Cowboybootnut
November 16, 2006, 10:58 AM
I think they are being used as boat anchors. :D

Phil DeGraves
November 16, 2006, 03:33 PM
Actually, I think it was called a Rogak and it was identical to the Steyr GB.

g1726
November 16, 2006, 04:13 PM
The name is Rogak as mentioned above. I've never seen a Rogak in person, but it is based off of the Steyr GB, but they are not exactly the same. Iíve recently been playing a bit with a friend's Steyr and they are quite nice. However the operating system relys on good machining on the barrel OD and the barrel bushing ID. Without that it will be just a blowback.

The Rogak is reputed to not have the same quality of manufacture as the Steyr and that really hampered itís reputation.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Anyone Have a Rogat LES?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!