AR upper sale at Midway

PDA

browningguy
November 16, 2006, 12:57 AM
If you have a C&R you get their dealer cat's, DPMS 16" bull barrel flattop uppers are on sale for $385 with bolt. It's my first upper in .223, the others are 6x45 and .50 Beowulf.

The wife actually said "you probably should get one more AR in case they get hard to buy in the future", so I ordered one. She doesn't even shoot anymore due to her arthritis, but I follow directions well. Now just pick up another RRA lower and I'm set.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR upper sale at Midway" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FatalMove
November 16, 2006, 09:12 PM
Whats the website address??? or do they have a website?

Car Knocker
November 16, 2006, 11:17 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/

browningguy
November 16, 2006, 11:27 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=496810

That link shows the non-dealer price, you can email or fax your C&R license and they'll give you dealer prices on everything.

SUBMOAS
November 17, 2006, 12:38 AM
I looked on the web site and couldn't find the 6x45 on sale... Any help?:confused:

Car Knocker
November 17, 2006, 01:14 AM
They don't have one. The OP just stated that he already owned a 6x45, not that he got one at Midway. The one he bought at Midway wasa .223. Sorry.

Powderman
November 17, 2006, 02:02 AM
Hm.

Do DPMS uppers have chrome lined barrels? I'd be in for a 16" if they do.

swingset
November 17, 2006, 03:27 AM
Do DPMS uppers have chrome lined barrels? I'd be in for a 16" if they do.

A bull-barrel AR is not likely to have a chrome lined barrel, nor need one. It's an accuracy platform, not a combat upper.

Powderman
November 17, 2006, 05:05 AM
Of course, you are correct. I missed completely the mention of the bull barrel in the original post.

:o

browningguy
November 17, 2006, 08:27 AM
No, they don't have a 6x45, mine is a custom built one by Teppu Jutsu, their is one place on-line that builds them I found on-line previously though, try putting 6x45 upper in google or yahoo search and it should come up.

November 17, 2006, 07:10 PM
I've got a 'smith in western New york that will put one together for you. He did a run of them for a dealer in Japan a few years back.

Rick O'Shea
November 17, 2006, 07:55 PM
The heck with the AR - where did you find a wife like that?

browningguy
November 17, 2006, 11:23 PM
Well she's angling for a new $2k sewing machine for christmas, so I know why she has gotten so supportive of my hobbies recently.

She's pretty unpolitical but she asked what was going to happen with the dem's having the house and senate. So I showed her some of the gun laws in The Peoples Republik that Pelosi supports, no AR's, no high cap mags, etc.. Watching Katrina news, and living in Houston where the same thing could happen, (remember our "evacuation" debacle) she's decided we need to be well stocked for the future.

CZguy
November 18, 2006, 07:35 AM
The wife actually said "you probably should get one more AR in case they get hard to buy in the future",

Does she have any sisters? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "AR upper sale at Midway" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!