1911 manual needed

PDA

noresttill
November 16, 2006, 05:45 PM
Hello everyone,

Ive recently bought a RIA 1911 to build. Beavertail, Trigger group, maybe a bobtail, etc.

I dont want to do this alone, so is there a manual or book on how to customize and tune a 1911 at home?

Jesse

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 manual needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jaybar
November 16, 2006, 06:06 PM
Go to the m1911.org home page http://m1911.org/m1911dt.htm and click on "technical issues" you'll find more than you need.

noresttill
November 16, 2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks, that site is great.

I was looking for a more "visual" helper. I really dont want to mess anything up.

Jesse

AnthonyRSS
November 17, 2006, 12:56 AM
You need Kuhnhausen's 1911 Volume 1 book. Only second to 1911tuner's posts.

Anthony

torogi45
November 17, 2006, 09:29 AM
Another good source for information is Brownell's website (www.brownells.com). It has a good technical section. Fitting a beavertail is pretty straightforward job but it entails cutting the radius tang on your pistol. One option that you can do is using a drop in beavertail. It won't look as good as one that is fitted but at least it won't void your warranty on your RIA. RIA's are awesome guns, I have one and it's one of the best bangs for your buck IMHO. Good luck.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 manual needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!