The HOTTEST 357 sig?

PDA

Greg8098
November 18, 2006, 11:28 AM
Just how hot can you safely load the 357 sig. I know one guy who claims 1800 fps with a 125 gr. bullet, without signs of overpressure :what: . Anybody come anywhere close to this???

If you enjoyed reading about "The HOTTEST 357 sig?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
November 18, 2006, 01:20 PM
With published loads, around 1,450 fps is about max with the 124/125 grain bullets. Check and make sure the guy isn't loading his with some kind of grean leafy substance............ That seems way out of line with the pressures the round is capable of handling.

Fred

griz
November 18, 2006, 08:23 PM
I haven't tried hot rodding the 357 Sig. From what I've read by those who have tried it, they find that it is loaded closer to max than some more forgiving cartridges. In other words, less margin for error. 1800 sounds unreasonable unless it's from a carbine barrel.

threefeathers
November 20, 2006, 02:13 PM
This is an easy round to reload partially because you have to stay within parimeters. Get a good manual find a load and stay there. A great site is Steve's reloading pages.

If you enjoyed reading about "The HOTTEST 357 sig?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!