Saturday afternoon gUn PrOn

PDA

MrTwigg
November 18, 2006, 05:21 PM
Why ? Because I gots me a new toy and had to show it off !

Not bad for a first revolver, eh ?
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p169/twiggman/Gun%20PrOn/My.jpg

Behold the muzzle of DOOM ! Why, yes those are 385gr JHP'S ! :D Have a nice day !
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p169/twiggman/Gun%20PrOn/Hellothere.jpg

Before you start flaming me for pointing guns at people, I used a self timer for the last one !

If you enjoyed reading about "Saturday afternoon gUn PrOn" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Heavy Metal Hero
November 18, 2006, 05:27 PM
Nice wheelie.

Eightball
November 18, 2006, 05:36 PM
:what: :what:

I never want to see that second pic in real life!

P95Carry
November 18, 2006, 11:18 PM
Nice piece :)

Seeing the muzzle pic makes me want to post one of my spoof pics of the SRH! ;)

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/shoot4/bond_bbl.jpg

SolaScriptura139
November 18, 2006, 11:27 PM
Would that be considered a "Saturday Afternoon Special"? That's how we'll get around the libs and the "cheap gun" laws. :neener:

19-3Ben
November 18, 2006, 11:38 PM
I'm with eightball on this!!! Yikes!!! That's a big mofo!

On the other hand, I'd bet it's easy to clean out. You can just stick your whole hand down the barrel and clean it out with one of those car-wash brushes!!!!

10-Ring
November 18, 2006, 11:55 PM
Yikes~! :what: :what:

Nice pic tho! ;) I just have a thing about being on the wrong end of a pointed firearm :what:

FM2Wildcat
November 19, 2006, 01:25 AM
"Why, yes those are 385gr JHP'S !"

lol :D

pythonguy
November 19, 2006, 02:34 PM
That is, without any doubt, one BFG!

Iggy
November 19, 2006, 04:22 PM
I was a rookie cop and stepped over two dead guys and onto a Greyhound bus and saw that exact view of a .38 snubbie.. Even though it was 3AM, I could read my name etched on the bullet in the barrel of that gun!!!:what:

A young Marine who had been asleep in the back of the bus and awakened by the shots jumped the BG from behind and undoubtedly saved my life.

MrTwigg
November 19, 2006, 05:07 PM
I was a rookie cop and stepped over two dead guys and onto a Greyhound bus and saw that exact view of a .38 snubbie.. Even though it was 3AM, I could read my name etched on the bullet in the barrel of that gun!!!
Sorry for the flashback.:uhoh:

A young Marine who had been asleep in the back of the bus and awakened by the shots jumped the BG from behind and undoubtedly saved my life.
One more reason to thank God for the Marine Corp.:D

Those .500's really are BFG's aren't they ? :D

Iggy
November 19, 2006, 05:24 PM
Durn double taps!!!

Iggy
November 19, 2006, 05:26 PM
I have a GnySGT son that I hope someone returns the favor if needed one day!

Those 500's sure are impressive.. I just ain't figgered out how to IWB'm!!!:D

Cromlech
November 19, 2006, 06:56 PM
You wear it inside of the rifle plate pouches of a ballistic armour vest, for both offense and defense. :D

rtl
November 20, 2006, 01:53 AM
Holy crap that is one intimidating sight from the other end.
Have you fired that BFG yet one handed as photo'ed?

MrTwigg
November 20, 2006, 06:56 AM
Have you fired that BFG yet one handed as photo'ed?

Yes I have, with 330gr hardcast rnfp loads. This is NOT something i would reccomend unless you have very large hands. (My little finger overlaps the bottom of the grip quite a bit.)

I've not tried this with heavier loads ...yet. I find the recoil managable, but I don't fire more than just a few this way. However I would not want to try double taps with it. - not that ya would actually NEED to - unless being attacked by rabid zombie sabertooth polar bears or a Sasquatch. :uhoh:

.500 bullseye league anyone ?:neener:

Eightball
November 21, 2006, 06:07 AM
One more reason to thank God for the Marine Corp.Why do you need another reason? Is there any reason to not thank them? That was pretty sweet, though.

unless being attacked by rabid zombie sabertooth polar bears or a Sasquatch.I would assume double-tapping with a .500 would be the least of ones worries at that point :neener:

GunNut
November 21, 2006, 03:08 PM
Hell of a way to get into revolvers...:D

Steve

EddieCoyle
November 21, 2006, 04:32 PM
On the other hand, I'd bet it's easy to clean out. You can just stick your whole hand down the barrel and clean it out with one of those car-wash brushes!!!!

I clean mine with the bore brush, jag, and mop for a 28 gauge shotgun.

GSPKurt
November 21, 2006, 07:31 PM
:what: :what:

Now THAT'S funny!!!

ceetee
November 22, 2006, 12:41 PM

I bet using a pressure washer would be easier... :neener:

strat81
November 22, 2006, 05:00 PM
(n00b alert)
OK, I'm man enough to ask...

What kind of weapon is that exactly?

MrTwigg
November 22, 2006, 06:11 PM
(n00b alert)
OK, I'm man enough to ask...

What kind of weapon is that exactly?

The revolver pictured up top is my Smith & Wesson 4" barrel .500 Magnum.

Google it. :D

Ralph Bryant
November 22, 2006, 07:22 PM
Nice gun, but not real practical for a "first" revolver IMO, and especially not as a first handgun. Sometimes starting at the top can be a dangerous thing.

denfoote
November 22, 2006, 07:28 PM
To heck with the gun!!!
It is nice, though.
I know I'll never be able to afford one.
But what about the t-shirt??
Where do I get that???

MrTwigg
November 22, 2006, 08:35 PM
...especially not as a first handgun.

Ain't the first Ralphie, I've been around awhile & .500's aren't too "Pratical" anyways either. :neener:

Got plans to add the 8" and the snubbie to the collection too. :D
Why ? Because I like blinding flashes and muzzle blasts that set off car alarms !

But what about the t-shirt??
Where do I get that???

I'll look for the website & shoot ya a PM.

MrTwigg
November 23, 2006, 11:00 AM
denfoote Here ya go ! :D

I got my INFIDEL shirt here. (http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/product.aspx?pid=75)

If you enjoyed reading about "Saturday afternoon gUn PrOn" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!