Homework....

PDA

jkomp316
November 19, 2006, 03:20 AM
Picked up a new toy today. $449 at Sportsmans Warehouse, they only had 1 left... Detail stripped it and cleaned everything (new gun ritual). So far I'm very impressed. And to think, people make fun of Taurus... Shame on them. Who'd rather have a Springer GI? Not I. The machining might not be as sharp as premium brands, picked/filed off a few metal burrs, none of wich were fuctional issues. For an inexpensive functional tool, you simply CANNOT beat this gun. It looks good too.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=48096&stc=1&d=1163924208

If you enjoyed reading about "Homework...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jlh26oo
November 19, 2006, 03:43 AM
Congrats & enjoy.

Ala Dan
November 19, 2006, 04:10 AM
The Taurus PT 1911's that I've inspected look good~! Just that they need
a nice set of wood grips to go on there to dress 'em up a bit~!;) Enjoy:D

Majic
November 19, 2006, 09:59 AM
But how does it shoot?

XavierBreath
November 19, 2006, 10:03 AM
For that money.............;)

Do give us an in depth no holds barred range report OK?

jkomp316
November 19, 2006, 11:09 AM
I'll be sure to post some pictures of my targets, I don't think I will have time to go to the range untill after Thanksgiving though... The trigger is very nice, feels lighter then my buddies Loaded Springfeild. I also like the 1 peice guide rod better. There is really very minor differences between the two, we both stripped ours down and compared each part. The only difference is what I said before, a few parts on the springer did seem a little "sharper" edged. The only plastic on the Taurus was the grips and "removable" magazine baseplates.

possum
November 19, 2006, 12:40 PM
For that money.............

Do give us an in depth no holds barred range report OK?

yes please do! congrats on the new gun!

If you enjoyed reading about "Homework...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!