Sears, Roebuck Shotgun

PDA

Amadeus
January 5, 2003, 09:33 PM
A friend of mine just acquired a used SEARS shotgun M66 from her father. It's a 12 GA. , semi-auto , 3" magnum and is well into twenty years of age. But that's all anyone seems to know about it.

Her dad no longer has the manual and seemed oblivious about how to strip it, maintain it, etc.

Any info on this model would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sears, Roebuck Shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfariswheel
January 5, 2003, 10:47 PM
Your Sears Model 66, appears to be a J.C. Higgins Model 66.
I can't find any further data at this time.

Probably made by High Standard????

5ptdeerhunter
January 7, 2003, 10:08 PM
Since we got this Sears and Roebucks thread going. I got a Ted Williams model 200 from my uncle on my birthday this year. He bought it about 8 years ago. Any information if possible.

dfariswheel
January 8, 2003, 01:30 AM
Looks like the Ted Williams 200, is a Winchester 1200.

Johnpl
January 8, 2003, 08:02 AM
Numrich Gun Parts (e-gunparts.com) has a cross reference of "house brands" like Sears and JC Penny to the manufacturer. It's interesting to see how Sears re-branded lots of Winchesters. This was a way that the manufacturers could sell off excess production capacity.

Jagermeister
January 8, 2003, 09:05 AM
Many of theses guns are termed, "Hardware Guns" as many major mfg's made them with the name of the Hardware company or major store name on them. Not only did the U.S. do this, many guns from Europe were made like this. In Particular dbl bbls. One could even get one made with his personal name on it.

JM:D

PATH
January 11, 2003, 12:00 AM
I believe there is a conversion of house brands against standard label in the back of the blue book.

Numrich is a good place to start.

VicDan
November 15, 2009, 08:09 PM
Email me at vigat@excite.com if you need a copy of the Sears 12 g M66 Shot Gun.

Vic

Mr. T
November 17, 2009, 06:28 PM
You may want to check with Winchester. I've got a Ted Williams M200 and it was made by Winchester. It's an excellent gun; the best one I have probably.

saturno_v
November 17, 2009, 08:11 PM
My Westernfield Montgomery Ward M550ABD (a Sears shotgun of the time) is nothing more than a Mossberg 500 down to the last screw with parts completely interchangeable....even Mossberg own Maverick 88 is a little different (the safety for example)..but mine is a copy...no actually is a Mossy 500 coming from the same factory just with different stampings

In the crazy world of firearm collecting, just because my shotgun bears a different name than a Mossberg 500, even if they are identical and both in perfect conditions, mine would be worth less....go figure!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Sears, Roebuck Shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!