Parts most likely to break???

PDA

Southern Shooter
November 19, 2006, 05:46 PM
I have a Ruger P-89 and will be buying a Star BM. I would like to keep the parts most likely to break on hand for future repairs. This is especially a concern with the lessening availability of the Star parts.

Question: What are the top 5 parts that I should keep on hand?...which parts of these pistols are most likely to break or need replacing?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Parts most likely to break???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
November 19, 2006, 06:00 PM
Magazine, recoil spring, firing pin, extractor.

Star is not dry fire safe, doing so will break the firing pin ins rather short order.
But bt far the magazines are the weakest link in any autoloader.

--wally.

Southern Shooter
November 19, 2006, 07:42 PM
What about what I call the "locking lug" under the barrel...perhaps it is called the barrel link...the thing that the barrel rocks back on during recoil? Does it take a pounding?

Chipperman
November 19, 2006, 08:38 PM
Has anyone ever broken a Ruger?

10-Ring
November 19, 2006, 09:05 PM
I've seen broken firing pins, firing pin springs, front & rear sights, magazine base plate. I've seen these parts broken on several guns...but not necessarily the ones you've mentioned.

WarMachine
November 19, 2006, 09:58 PM
Has anyone ever broken a Ruger?

I broke the firing pin on mine. Ruger sent me another one without any hassle however...

If you enjoyed reading about "Parts most likely to break???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!