Ever hear of "Accurate Ammunition"

PDA

Bob R
November 19, 2006, 07:03 PM
Has anyone heard of this company? I just got gifted 500 rounds of this ammo from a guy I work with who used to carry a state issued 10mm on the job here in MT. The ammo was loaded in Rapid City, SD. The box has a return address of RR #3 Box 2536 Rapid City, SD.

He says he has more, and I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. This was probably loaded in 1995, is a TMJ (total metal jacket) 180gr flat tip cone (more flat than a truncated cone). / \ is the shape with a flat tip. The brass is headstamped FC and 10mm Auto.

Does any one know if this company was bought out, or changed names. I would like to find the data for it. I don't have a chrono, which I have to remedy soon.

Here is a pic of the box, and the rounds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Bob8251/000_0003.jpg

If nothing else, after I shoot it I will have 500 more pieces of brass to reload. He says he has 2 or 3 more boxes around. That some more brass :) .

bob

If you enjoyed reading about "Ever hear of "Accurate Ammunition"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
spelsh
November 20, 2006, 01:12 AM
Try this?

http://www.accuratepowder.com/CompanyInformation.htm

snuffy
November 20, 2006, 02:11 AM
I got some 40's when I first got my m-22, IIRC they were 180 grain TMC RNFP loads. They were loaded in mixed headstamps, it all went bang, but the accuracy was terrible. I recovered one of the bullets from a dirt bank, it appeared to be a plated lead bullet.

Car Knocker
November 20, 2006, 02:48 AM
I don't think the manufacturer of this ammo is associated with Western Powder, the marketer of Accurate Powder.

The Bushmaster
November 20, 2006, 10:22 AM
The FC indicates Federal Cartridge. Some, if not all, FC's are military loadings. At least the brass is military...Good reloadable brass, I might add.:)

Bob R
November 20, 2006, 10:40 AM
Good reloadable brass, I might add.

WHich is more than I had before he gave it to me. He told me he had a few leftover boxes I could have. I was expecting about 150 rounds (3 boxes) total.

His boxes are 500 rounds each. I think my needing to purchase 10mm brass has just become a non-event.

bob

asknight
November 21, 2006, 08:40 PM
Bushmaster, when did Federal load 10mm for the military? Or, when did the military carry 10mm?

The Bushmaster
November 21, 2006, 10:28 PM
asknight...CIA & FBI & BATF &.........Military used .45 ACP then went to The Wonder Nine and hopefully back to the .45 ACP...

asknight
November 21, 2006, 10:39 PM
CIA & FBI & BATF

All of those are civilian agencies...

The Bushmaster
November 21, 2006, 11:17 PM
Uh-huh...Yup...Yer correct. But they get a lot of their materials from military and civilian suppliers.

Look...All I know for sure is that FC is Federal Cartridge. And it is a US military head stamp. I know. I have a bunch of them gleened from military ranges (US Navy).:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Ever hear of "Accurate Ammunition"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!