FUSION's work

PDA

OK-gobbler
November 20, 2006, 10:28 AM
I bought some of the 165 gr Fusion's for by savage .308 about 6 monthes ago and got to try them out on a deer this weekend. I wasn't concerned about medium to long range shots because most bullets designed for big game work best at 100-300 yds. I was concerned with the close range shot and that's what I got. 16 yards from a make-shift ground blind 7 point, 142 pound buck. The heart and both lung were completely destroyed. No tissue left in either, just a cavity of blood. Exit hole about twice as big as the entrance. He just dropped. Not another step.

I hand load for all my other hunting rifles (243, 6mm/06, 6.5x55, 7mm rem mag), but I think I am sticking with the fusion's for hunting applications in the 308. Anyone else have any experience with fusion's in any caliber. Good Hunting!

If you enjoyed reading about "FUSION's work" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "FUSION's work" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!