We Win!!!!!!!!

PDA

priv8ter
January 5, 2003, 09:41 PM
So, tomorrow morning, the Supreme Court announces a new ruling. All firearms laws currently on the books are ruled Unconstitutional, and the 2nd Ammendment means that you can own any firearm you want to, and carry whatever you want to a wherever you want, concealed or out in the open.

What would you change what carry, and would you keep it concealed or practice open carry?

I think I would carry the same thing I carry in the winter, a full-size H&K. Instead of trying to stuff it into my wasteband though in an IWB holster, I would carry it on my hip most likely, unless I decided to get one of those Oh-so-tactical thigh holsters.

I just have a feeling that companies like Kel-tec and Kahr would suffer a major loss of business if we didn't need to worry about keeping our carry pieces concealed. Of course, there will always be a market for backup and deep cover pieces.

If you enjoyed reading about "We Win!!!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4v50 Gary
January 5, 2003, 09:46 PM
Won't change what I'd carry, but I'll buy a Thompson, M-2, M-14 and a FN-P90. Also like to see Schnellfeur Broomhandles put into production by someone w/detachable 20 round box magazine.

Spackler
January 5, 2003, 09:47 PM
I think I'd go to that mini-gun that Jesse Ventura carried in "Predator". It would require some compromises in my lifestyle but I'd be willing to give it a try.

No, I'd stick to my 4013TSW. Concealed.

rbrowning
January 5, 2003, 09:48 PM
You mean I could quit looking for an IWB holster for my Super Redhawk?

Yohan
January 5, 2003, 09:49 PM
Maybe they'll allow minors to carry :D :D

Mustang
January 5, 2003, 09:54 PM
That would indeed be a great day! I'd wear an unloaded Glock 27 around my neck. Just to piss off soccer moms and gun haters.

4v50 Gary
January 5, 2003, 09:59 PM
Oh, yes, a Glock 18 too.

Schuey2002
January 5, 2003, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't change anything..But I would start at the front of a H&K Weapons Systems brochure and work my way toward the back of it,buying everything that is listed on those glossy pages.
Then, I'd work my way through a FN Herstal brochure...:D

I'd join Gary and purchase a full auto Glock 18 as well.. Heck, one G18 might not cut the mustard, I'd probably end up buying a dozen or so.. :D

Redlg155
January 5, 2003, 10:22 PM
I think I'd walk into the nearest Class III store and say..

"OH YEAH BABY!! COME TO PAPA!!":D

Karh and Keltec would keep good business. Even though we could buy all these neat things, it doesn't mean we can afford MP5s and G3s. Plus if we had open carry then you'd better have a couple 'bugs" on you.

I think I'd go for a baby Glock 26 in full auto. :D

Good SHooting
RED

Zak Smith
January 5, 2003, 10:24 PM
Besides the '94 magazine-capacity restriction restriction, it's my opinion that sidearms have not been affected that much. So, I'd probably carry whatever I would otherwise, and do it cheaper since I wouldn't have to drop $50 or more per hi-cap.

Then I'd buy one of whatever is the best true "assault rifle".. maybe a SIG 550?

-z

Bostonterrier97
January 5, 2003, 10:48 PM
Well..for me it would mean that I could CARRY period.

I guess I would get a nice Gun Belt for my Vacqueros, a 10 gallon hat and some high quality cowboy boots and hit the road..

Azrael256
January 5, 2003, 11:01 PM
Probably just stick my S&W M36 in my pocket. You said I could carry, you never said I won the lottery. :)

Standing Wolf
January 6, 2003, 12:11 AM
I'd carry a five-inch model 629 in a hip holster instead of a 2.125-inch model 60 in an inside the waist band holster.

Blackhawk
January 6, 2003, 12:13 AM
No change here either, since I can already carry whatever I want as long as it's concealed. However, since open carry isn't currently legal, I haven't really thought about it that much.

denfoote
January 6, 2003, 01:13 AM
This ain't gunna happen!!! If anything, the Supremes will shut down the Second Amendment!! :mad:

Mikul
January 6, 2003, 02:26 PM
Hello? H&K? Please send me a G36K.
Now, where can I find a 20mm bolt gun?

2nd Amendment
January 6, 2003, 02:31 PM
*sigh*

Wish in one hand...

Flying V
January 6, 2003, 02:33 PM
Since this will doubtless occur the day after I win the lottery for the second time, I'd carry a pair of Hamilton Bowen custom Redhawks in .577.

King
January 6, 2003, 02:40 PM
No change for me. Most of the firearms that I want i can get now if I had the $$ ...I'd still carry concealed most of the time. May occasionally wear my Colt 1911 on the outside just for convenience.

All wishful thinking.

WilderBill
January 6, 2003, 02:49 PM
This being Texas and all...
Open carry Colt SAA in .45 LC seems appropriate!

NEon
January 6, 2003, 02:53 PM
Here in Vermont we can carry open or concealed. Guess I would just keep doing what I'm doing at the moment. A Tucker HF2 holster filled with a Caspian commander slide and officers frame, and a mag/surefire pouch. The only people that take a second glance are the tourist.

Frohickey
January 6, 2003, 02:54 PM
I agree... this is all a pipe dream, but if we are talking about what we would do if this fantasy became true...

I would gather up 100 of my pro-gun buddies, ask them to put on a web belt and holster, and wear their pistols out in the open. I would then ask them to get their Sport-Utility Rifles, and accompany me into Washington DC... maybe we can surround Dianne Feinswine, Chuckie Schumer, Lautenberg, Carolyn McCarthy and Hitlery Clinton. Might be nice to see them all make a gigantic brown stain.

Oh, and after that, I'll invite these politicians' taxpayer-funded bodyguards for drinks and a BBQ.

dev_null
January 6, 2003, 03:09 PM
Depends on my mood. One day I might carry my Kimber, another day strap on my '58 Remingtons, and if I was going into downtown DC, I'd pick up an MP5K or something similar. :evil:

-0-

swingset
January 7, 2003, 06:26 AM
Sig 550

SAW

Lewis Gun

Stg 44

PE57

Bren Mk2

...then on the second day....

a 40 watt plasma rifle.;)

rick458
January 7, 2003, 08:31 AM
I would have to get 2 Thompson's, a 1921 with sticks and a 1928 Deluxe with a contoured barrel Cutt's Compensator and 100 rd drum mags. and a nice full auto FAL
oh and a Dillon 1050.:D

Mark Tyson
January 7, 2003, 10:35 AM
On the day every gun law is declared null and void, I will walk into the store and say:

"I need assault rifles. How many do you have?"

Most of all, I want a real AK with select fire capability. I also want a Steyr AUG, just because looks neat. Nobody can agree on what the best battle caliber is, so I will get one of each to perform my own evaluation. I want an Uzi just because it has such an evil reputation, I want a 10mm MP5, and an M-14.

I would carry the SIG P245, concealed.

But this is all wishful thinking, alas.

sm
January 7, 2003, 10:51 AM
Wouldn't change carry.
Change some other stuff though
Be kinda neat to call toll free or internet shop, couple a days later , new toy in the mail. Like in the old Days. sigh...

Bostonterrier97
January 7, 2003, 07:47 PM
I thought about it some more..there is one thing I wish I could get but I am prohibited from getting due to the 68 GCA..

I always wanted a 20 mm Solothurn Anti Tank Rifle..ever since I first read about them.

It makes the 50 BMG look like 22 LR!

If you enjoyed reading about "We Win!!!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!