EBay Brass auctions

PDA

Kali Endgame
November 20, 2006, 05:38 PM
I am new to reloading, and am wondering if ayone has purchased brass off Ebay. Worthwhile or waste of money? Thanks all.
Jon

If you enjoyed reading about "EBay Brass auctions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bouis
November 20, 2006, 05:48 PM
Depends on the seller. My experiences have all been positive.

Ohen Cepel
November 20, 2006, 05:52 PM
Only downside was the expense from the few auctions that I watched. If a guy has plenty of good feedback and you like the price I wouldn't hesitate though.

hooks
November 20, 2006, 05:53 PM
I bought some brass off Ebay.. don't have any complaints. :)

db_tanker
November 20, 2006, 06:10 PM
wound up with 500 pcs of Federal 308 brass as described.

reasonable price and quick shipping...

As others have said, don't hesitate to look at the feedback the person gets...it will tell the story more often than not.

Me, I have 100% bueno feedback. :) But its only 33 people....

D

Kali Endgame
November 20, 2006, 06:15 PM
Wow, positives responses by all. I'm sold. I will make sure I don't get hosed. Thanks for all your feedback.
Jon

Bullet
November 20, 2006, 06:25 PM
Last week I bought 1000 9mm once fired cases and 1000 40S&W once fired cases. Both where about $20.00 each including shipping. At $20.00 per thousand I load them once and let them fly no more chasing brass. Most of this brass was shot in Glocks, if that matters.

You can also purchase once fired brass here -

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

shadowalker
November 20, 2006, 06:33 PM
I've bought quite a bit of brass on E-bay and have had great results. I only buy same brand brass, I got 2000 Remington once fired 40 S&W for $40 including shipping.

I also picked up 500 9mm Remington brass for about $14 including shipping.

As with anything on E-bay make sure you purchase from someone with good feedback and as with any used brass take a look at it before you load.

Barr
November 20, 2006, 07:09 PM
BrassManBrass (http://www.brassmanbrass.com)
Good prices and selection.

msgrep
November 20, 2006, 09:17 PM
I have bought quite a bit of brass from Ebay sellers. As stated previously feedback is the key. So far I have not had a bad experience with Ebay brass. Good prices, good brass..........

dmftoy1
November 21, 2006, 10:25 AM
In addition to the feedback the only other thing I can add is read the descriptions closely and check shipping/handling fees. I've had very good luck with everything I've bid on but there have been one or two auctions that I almost clicked the "bid" button on before I realized that in the "Description" it said "10% Amerc" or was $20 Shipping and a $10 "handling" fee. I also try to only buy brass that's a single mfg, but I've had good luck with mixed lots of .45acp. (I do try to avoid range sweepings though . . . .unless they say it's a LE Only range or something like that)

Just my .02

Regards,
Dave

Lennyjoe
November 21, 2006, 11:43 AM
Check feedback and location. Shipping can get overpriced as well. That's another thing I check is how much they are charging for shipping.

I've purchased plenty of brass from e-bay inthe past. Got 1,000 rounds of .45 ACP brass for $30 from a local guy here in Tucson. Saved big time on shipping.;)

raz-0
November 21, 2006, 01:28 PM
defintiely make sure of shipping charges, and compare with places like brassmanbrass and hqbrass online to see if their pricing is reasonable.

The only REAL gotcha you might have to live with that is common enough to worry about is if they cleaned the brass in a cement mixer. This can cause the mouth of the case to peen a little. Not a big deal with jacketed bullets, but can be a PITA with lead.

ReloaderFred
November 21, 2006, 01:57 PM
I have both bought and sold brass on ebay. As noted, watch the shipping. If the seller uses the USPS Flat Rate Boxes, it's $8.10 for shipping, and you can get a lot of brass into those boxes.

Hope this helps.

Fred

scout26
November 21, 2006, 08:35 PM
You can also post a WTB-Brass here in the Trading Post of THR. I prefer to do business with fellow High Roaders.

If you enjoyed reading about "EBay Brass auctions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!