I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON FIRESTAR

PDA

johnny blaze
November 20, 2006, 08:14 PM
I am trying to find out some information on the FIRESTAR pistols that they made years ago, especially the STARVAL finish 45 acp.
Were the Firestar pistols related to the Llama or the Friestorms? What is the history on them?
What is the Starval finish? I would assume that is is like a hard nickel finish.
I have the 45 and the 9mm both in the Starval finish.
Any information would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON FIRESTAR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
N.M. Edmands
November 20, 2006, 08:25 PM
Manufactured by Star of Spain, imported by Interarms of Virginia. Great little pistols. They were available in 9mm, 40S+W, and 45ACP. Wish I'd kept mine. but still have my Star PD.:D
Only relation to Llama/ Firestorm pistols was country of origin.
Starvel is electroless nickle

DoubleTapDrew
November 20, 2006, 08:55 PM
I love my Star PD, mine is blued though.
I think it's spelled Starvel, an electroless-nickel.Here's some pics of one up for auction I googled. (http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7719736&aa=%20Star%20%20Star%20PD%20.45%20ACP%20Starvel%20Finish)

johnny blaze
November 20, 2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. Information was great!!!!:D

N.M. Edmands
November 21, 2006, 12:25 AM
Glad to help. And if you should ever decide you need a good home for the Firestars, please keep me in mind.;)

loki.fish
November 21, 2006, 10:55 AM
I've got a Firestar in 9mm....hasn't been out in a while but I've never had any problems with it and it was pretty accurate. Nice little pistol. I enjoy it.

If you enjoyed reading about "I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON FIRESTAR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!