Browning Buckmark HiViz Trouble

PDA

glock56534
November 20, 2006, 09:01 PM
I just purchased a Buckmark Standard .22LR pistol. I purchased the HiViz front sight, and now the gun is shooting about 4 inches low with the rear sight adjusted down completely. I tried to put the OEM sight back on but every allen wrench I have used to loosen the hex screw gets stripped. I dont want to completely strip this front screw, but I would like to be able to put the standard sight back on.

If anyone has some suggestions for either of my two problems, please let me know, I really want to solve these problems asap. I have to say I love these Buckmarks but this is just killing me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning Buckmark HiViz Trouble" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hksw
November 20, 2006, 10:52 PM
Welcome.

If your point of impact (POI) is below your point of aim (POA) and you would like to keep the front sight stationary, you should be adjusting the rear sight up to correct the error.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=48199&stc=1&d=1164081082

Dakotaphoto
November 21, 2006, 11:22 AM
I installed the HiViz front sight on my Buckmark standard several weeks ago and love it for the kind of indoor target shooting I do. I find it locates the target far easier and faster than the factory sight in the relatively low light conditions I'm in. The manual says that the set screw is 1/16-inch and that is the size wrench supplied with the gun. When I removed the factory screw, there was some resistance that suggested it was sealed with something like Lock-tite. I did not use any when I installed the Hi-Viz and it seems to be holding well.

On the Smith & Wesson M&P forum, Dan Burwell, a gunsmith who participates there, said that he has worn out several 1/16-inch hex wrenches adjusting sights on the M&P. I wonder if there might be harder hex wrenches available?

Adding to what the previous poster said, to raise the point of impact (copied right from the manual), turn the rear sight elevation screw CCW. I donít believe the front sight on the BuckMark Standard is adjustable.

ceetee
November 21, 2006, 12:34 PM
Neat picture, hksw!

Yep. Move the REAR sight in the direction you want the bullet to go. If the gun is shooting low, move the rear sight up. Shoot a group, see where it lands, and repeat as needed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning Buckmark HiViz Trouble" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!