Dillon toolhead question

PDA

Poodleshooter
May 21, 2003, 07:02 PM
At a recent auction, I acquired what appear to be a cased Dillon 550 shellplate with locator buttons, and a Dillon toolhead. Is there any way to identify which machine the toolhead fits? The pictures on their site seems to show a similar toolhead for the 550 and 650 as well as possibly other older models.
I don't own any Dillon presses, so I'm trying to sell this stuff off.
I'll try to post pictures later.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon toolhead question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve Smith
May 21, 2003, 07:38 PM
How many threaded holes in the toolhead? If 4, 550b, if 5, 650b, if 6, 1050b.

Lloyd Smale
May 22, 2003, 05:51 AM
like he said about the tool heads and the shell plate should have a number stamped on it and if you go to dillons web sight they have a chart. If its a 4 hole tool head Id be interested email me at lws43@hotmail.com with a price

Poodleshooter
May 23, 2003, 12:13 PM
It is a four hole toolhead. Lloyd, I'll try to send you an email this weekend with a picture of the toolhead. I also have a 550 shellplate with locator pins that I'll sell if anyone is interested. It has a tiny patina of rust on one side. I'll try to get a picture of that up too-in the for sale forum of course!
Thanks for the dillon lesson, gentlemen.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon toolhead question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!