Reloads and Glock

PDA

ra407
November 21, 2006, 01:47 PM
Why does my Glock 22 manual say that I can't shoot reloads out of it or lead? I want to start reloading and I would like to be able to reload .40 for it also.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloads and Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GunNut
November 21, 2006, 02:21 PM
Lead accumulates quickly in the polygonal rifling that Glock uses. This great increases pressure, possibly resulting in a kaboom.

All gun manuals say factory new ammo only should be used in their guns for warranty reasons.

A lot of Glock .40S&W owners have fired thousand and thousands of reloads through their gun with no problems, you will have to choose if the risk is worth it.

If I were you I would pick up a cheap replacement barrel for your Glock 22 to shoot reloads through and carry with the factory barrel.

I hope this helps,
Steve

Steve C
November 21, 2006, 04:18 PM
http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html#do

Japle
November 21, 2006, 08:15 PM
Look here:

http://glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

John

Ares45
November 21, 2006, 08:27 PM
An after market barrel would solve the lead vs. polygonal rifling issue. Not sure if it would do anything to help with glocks infamous lack of chamber support. The less chamber support you have the more you put yourself at risk of losing a finger or three. Worth noting that 40S&W one of the most unforgiving calibers to reload because of it's high chamber pressure.

Lone_Gunman
November 21, 2006, 09:56 PM
An aftermarket barrell will solve the chamber support issue as well.

Remember though, Glock not the only gun to have less than full chamber support. Custom 1911s that have had ramp and throat jobs don't either.

The difference is that chamber pressure in 45 ACP 1911s is a lot lower than it is in 40 caliber Glocks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloads and Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!