S&W Antique 4th mod plans or photo

PDA

randolphi
November 21, 2006, 06:47 PM
Hello friends, I am in need of a picture or breakdown for a top break 32cal S&W pocket revolver.
The shop I took it to (nearly 20 years ago) "lost" the cylinder stop & the trigger spring.
Woudn't you know it! Then offered me some money for the "broken gun".
Those days are gone but I can make parts now! (small parts only).
Any one have a picture or break down !
It sure would be a welcome sight!
Thanks
Randy

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Antique 4th mod plans or photo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
November 21, 2006, 07:29 PM
Smith and Wesson made a lot of different .32 top-breaks. Can you come up with a more complete description?

Double or Single Action?

Spur trigger, or with trigger guard?

Exposed hammer (SA/DA), or inclosed hammer (DOA) with grip safety?

randolphi
November 21, 2006, 07:51 PM
Ok! Its a sa & da with no grip safety, but it has a spur hammer and trigger guard. fires S&W 32 ctg. w/ five round cylinder.
Thanks again.
Randy

Old Fuff
November 21, 2006, 08:14 PM
Well the additional information helped. You have a "Smith & Wesson .32 Double Action/4th Model" (if the serial number is between 43,406 to about 282,999.

Go to: www.e-gunparts.com

From the homepage pick "S" and then Smith & Wesson. Then find .32 Double Action (but not .32 Safety hammerless). There you will find an exploded view drawing of the revolver, and a parts list. With luck you will find the parts you need. Be sure to provide them with the serial number of the gun, as the cylinder stop was changed over time. If you don't find EXACTLY what you want it is better to send a written order, with additional information, rather then order over the 'net. Keep in mind that the parts you receive are used, not new, taken from another revolver of the same kind.

Hint: The cylinder stop is complicated, and you do not want to try and make one unless you have an original for a pattern.

If you don't find the parts drawing come back, and I'll scan a copy out of their print catalog.

Sorry, but I checked and they are out of the two parts you need. However send them an e-mail as sometimes the web-site isn't up to date. Additional parts are always coming in.

randolphi
November 21, 2006, 08:49 PM
Exactly what I needed Thanks!
Wow that helped greatly I can see how that part needs to operate now,
I also found that another part has been modified poorly!
But your information was very helpful!!
Randy

Old Fuff
November 21, 2006, 11:35 PM
I think your best bet is to look for a junker gun that is messed up on the outside, but still has good internals. Then use the parts you need to repair the better gun.

Another possibility. Go to www.armchairgunshow.com and then e-mail Jim Supica, tell him your story, and ask him if he might have any advice. He just might have the junker you need.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Antique 4th mod plans or photo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!