FN Herstal Hi-power

PDA

knuckles
November 21, 2006, 06:54 PM
I saw one of these in my local gun shop today in .40 cal for about $450 brand new. I wanted to do some research on it, but I can't seem to find anything on the FN Herstal site. Does someone else actually make these? Does anyone know where the manufactures page to this is?

I found this link on a site selling them just so you can see what I am talking about:

http://www.thegunsource.com/shopping_viewproduct.aspx?idproduct=40090

If you enjoyed reading about "FN Herstal Hi-power" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
knuckles
November 21, 2006, 06:56 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=197978

The link above just answered my question.... I searched this before I posted though I swear.... :o

panzermk2
November 21, 2006, 11:12 PM
try the link in my sig line. It's an FN dedicated site

RNB65
November 21, 2006, 11:33 PM
FN and Browning are owned by the same company (Herstal Group). They finally realized they could make more $$$ by selling HP's only under the Browning name, so they stopped making HP's under the FN name a couple of years ago. It's the exact same gun regardless of whether it has FN or Browning on it.

dogtown tom
November 22, 2006, 06:12 PM
RNB65 said: ...so they stopped making HP's under the FN name a couple of years ago...

Not exactly true. :evil: FN makes thousands of Hi Powers each year for the world market that do not have the "Browning Arms Company" rollmark. I believe the USA & Canada are the only countries that get that particular rollmark. US law requires the importers name be stamped in each firearm- in this case Browning Arms. The FN Hi Powers imported by FNUSA have either "FNH USA Fredricksburg VA" or "FNMI Columbia SC".

Almost all other FN Hi Powers in the past would have a rollmark that said "Brownings Patent" in either English or French.

Several years ago FN created a US subsidiary, FNUSA to sell FN's police and military products to those markets in the US. So FN actually competed against itself with Browning Arms vs. FNUSA.

knuckles
November 22, 2006, 08:27 PM
so they stopped making HP's under the FN name a couple of years ago.

Yeah, I was a little confused about that since the gun shop that had the one I was looking said they had just gotten if from the factory that morning. I dunno...

panzermk2
November 23, 2006, 01:17 AM
Here it is in all it's FN glory:)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/panzermk2/fn_hg_hpsa_blue.jpg

hksw
November 23, 2006, 09:48 AM
I came late to the FN HP. Eventually wanting one to go with the Browning HP I have. I liked the FN logo on the side of the slide. Early on when they, the FN stamped guns, first came out, the markings on the side looked terrible and put me off of the gun. They eventually refined them but it was too late for me when I noticed it. CDNN was blowing them out as low as ~$300 for a MkIII. I had ordered one from them but later was told my order was just a little too late as the one the order taker was reserving for me went out on another order. Was offered the .40SW or the 9mm SFS models for the same price but didn't want any of those.

Later, 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was at a gun show and a dealer was selling an FN stamped HP NIB. Man I wanted it but I wasn't willing to pay $550 for a gun I knew he probably got for $300.

If you enjoyed reading about "FN Herstal Hi-power" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!