Sphinx lovers -- how'd I do?

PDA

pippin53
November 21, 2006, 06:55 PM
I just won an excellent condition AT 2000 PS 9mm two tone for $485.00 on Gunbroker. No box or papers and only one 10-rd mag. Did I do OK or did I get hosed?
Anyone know where to find some 15-rd mags? Do CZ or Baby Eagle mags work in these guns? I'm excited -- always wanted to have one of these - especially the PS model.

Ken

If you enjoyed reading about "Sphinx lovers -- how'd I do?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M2 Carbine
November 22, 2006, 12:49 AM
I've got a nice used .380 that I paid $360 for.
I'd suspect you got a decent price.

Try CDNN for mags. I got a couple new factory mags, with included finger extension, for a really low price. As I recall about $10.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/Sphinx.jpg

brett30030
November 22, 2006, 02:41 AM
Never heard of them, which prompted me to look them up in my 2006 BBGV. Looks like your price was on par with what a gun in 85% condition would be worth. Depending upon the broker, means that you got a fair to middling deal. All of the auction sites overate a large portion of what is sold, it it the seller and not the site that is responsible for evaluation of the gun. I generally would consider the description minus about 30% to get a realistic idea. Of course there are some that are accurate.

pippin53
November 22, 2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the responses. M2carbine, what kind of recoil does that .380 produce? Is it as nasty as most of those small blow-back .380s I've shot? Does anyone know what the slide is made of -- stainless or carbon steel?
Thanks for your help, Brett

If you enjoyed reading about "Sphinx lovers -- how'd I do?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!