Another 1911

PDA

cghammo
November 21, 2006, 10:49 PM
Double Star 1911, anyone have info on this?
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1023

If you enjoyed reading about "Another 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mooseman
November 21, 2006, 10:55 PM
As I understand it double star is the manufacturer of the frame. I'd want to know a bit more about the other parts before I dropped money on a put together gun.

Hmm... maybe they made the whole thing but they're other 1911s out there like the RIA and the SA that are better known.

browningguy
November 21, 2006, 11:46 PM
For that price you could buy a new Taurus blued 1911, at least at the Houston gun shows you can.

hexidismal
November 22, 2006, 12:31 AM
You know, having looked around that site a little.. I've got to say they look MIGHTY SHADY to me.. No details what-so-ever on a lot of products (Including some random FAL listed simply as "FAL.308 Rifle $679.97). Beyond that.. maybe I'm wrong, it's just the feeling I get. I sure as hell wouldn't buy anything from them though.

As for the gun. The firearms company known as DoubleStar as far as I know makes only AR15 builds. Also interesting is that their website (which btw is http://www.star15.com/ ) doesn't list anything regarding them building 1911s or parts for them at all. I'm not saying that they don't, as I don't know.. only that thier website mentions nothing about it.

Edit: I guess they do make 1911 Frames. A little googling pulled up some articles on other forums regarding them, but it just doesn't mention them on the corporate site.

cbsbyte
November 22, 2006, 12:36 AM
Double Star also makes AR-15s. They acutally don't make the parts for their Ar15s, all they do is assemble at their warehouse. Then again most AR-15 manufactures only assemble AR from parts made by other makers.

soul_rapier
November 22, 2006, 01:04 AM
i got stuff from both center fire and doublestar i had good luck this them doublestar and J&T is the same bunch www.jtdistributing.com

alexanderplatz
December 9, 2006, 11:56 PM
I live in Kentucky. Centerfire Systems is located in Versailles, KY, and DoubleStar/JT Manufacturing is in Winchester, KY. I have purchased some stuff at Centerfire Systems. They are primarily a mail order/internet business, but they do have a very small walk up counter where you can buy stuff from the catalog. There is no showroom and there is no browsing over the merchandise. They are certainly not a "shady" operation. They mostly sell milsurp stuff plus ammunition. I have purchased a couple of SKS rifles and a nice Czech Mauser.

I do not own any AR-15 type stuff and have no opinion on the DoubleStar products. I doubt though that I would pay the asking price on a DoubleStar 1911 pistol ($480) when I could buy a Springfield Armory Inc GI model for about the same price. I would say that Centerfire Systems' forte is stuff like Makarov pistols, SKS and AK rifles, stuff like that.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!