1917 MKVI

PDA

Roadkill
November 22, 2006, 08:17 AM
Morning, little help please. I have a 1917 MKVI, the cylinder won't lock because the spring that raises the cylinder stop into the cylinder notch is broken. What is the spring called and where can I get one?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "1917 MKVI" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
November 22, 2006, 02:25 PM
The part is called the trigger stop and the tiny spring is called the trigger stop spring. Gun Parts (www.gunpartscorp.com) lists them in the catalog but says "limited quantity" which usually means they don't have them. I would try anyway. FWIW, the spring can be made by any good gunsmith or even a good tinkerer. I used to cut them from small or medium size binder clips and drill the hole with a dental burr in a Dremel tool. Worked fine. (Tip: drill the hole first, then cut the spring out around it.)

Jim

Roadkill
November 22, 2006, 09:35 PM
Good info. Will try. Thanks

rgg

If you enjoyed reading about "1917 MKVI" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!