Tech question: missing Nazis

PDA

Eleven Mike
November 22, 2006, 04:21 PM
In a recent thread, and in a couple of private messages, I noticed that the words NAZI and Hitler seemed to be automatically edited out. Is that my computer, or does the site software do that? I see they are appearing in this thread.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tech question: missing Nazis" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PinnedAndRecessed
November 22, 2006, 05:39 PM
Shhh. It's a global conspiracy. The net is controlled by fluffy types who live in beach houses and want to edit all that is negative out of human history.

I didn't realize they had hacked into THR.

Mal H
November 22, 2006, 06:06 PM
Nope, those words are not automatically editited out by THR. Do you have a link to a thread where the edited words appear?

Eleven Mike
November 22, 2006, 08:05 PM
Come to think of it, it appears the editing was on some other poster's end, apparently done by the software he was using. So it is not an issue for the forum.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tech question: missing Nazis" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!