Suppressed Kahr

PDA

The Burnside Ninja
November 23, 2006, 09:41 AM
Would it be easier to use a Kahr T-9 barrel in a P-9 for the extra length needed to thread for a suppressor? I believe that the T-9 barrel is 4 inches long and the P-9 is 3.5 inches long. I figured that I could simply swap the barrels. (thus giving the P-9 the extra 1/2 inch for threading) Or is it impossible to interchange Kahr barrels?

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressed Kahr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Third_Rail
November 23, 2006, 09:47 AM
The folks over at Silencer Tests (http://www.silencertests.com/forum/index.php) might know better than people here. :)

Rem700SD
November 23, 2006, 10:42 AM
Wherever you intend on buying your silencer from, call them. They should be able to help you.

HCfan
November 23, 2006, 03:33 PM
Look around, they probably make a threaded barrel for it already. If not then you can have one made.

If you do buy a longer barrel and have it threaded, ensure that the person doing so knows what they are doing, I had one threaded and the guy messed up which caused the can to not line up correctly.

I caught it before I fired it so all is well, but, just be careful.

Hawaiian
November 24, 2006, 03:29 AM
I would ask Kahr if the barrels are interchangable. A glock 17 barrel won't work in a G19.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressed Kahr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!