Who makes HiStandard's 1911 clone?

PDA

Steelcore
November 23, 2006, 12:31 PM
Armscor?Or could it actually be made here in the us?

If you enjoyed reading about "Who makes HiStandard's 1911 clone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Car Knocker
November 23, 2006, 01:11 PM
A gun shop here had the R.I.A. and the High Standard side by side. They looked exactly the same except the name and the High Standard had checkering on the grips. One other thing they both had was made in the Philippines on the frame in front of the trigger gaurd.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=2693760&postcount=25

sigman4rt
November 23, 2006, 08:16 PM
Yep, they're made in the P.I.'s. Just spent the cash for one last week. I was very impressed with the workmanship and the trigger pull. Best $400. I've spent lately. At the range it shot a ragged 1 1/2" hole out of the box. The other thing I liked was no "tactical" extractor, the old one has worked for almost 100 years, nuff said. No drop safety either, again worked without one for a long time, another solution to a problem that did'nt exist.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who makes HiStandard's 1911 clone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!