Calling Beretta fans

PDA

Muncus Agruncus
November 24, 2006, 07:25 AM
So I am planning my next gun purchase (possibly the first of 2007). The Italian 92FSs that are on the market are appealing to me for several reasons. First off is the price in my area- they are going for $465. Second, they are from the home of Beretta- I find guns with proof marks aesthetically pleasing (weird I know). Third, this is a product of one of the oldest gun manufactures in the world (since 1526 or 1680).
That said, I wanted to hear from owners of these Italain ones. How does the trigger and accuracy differ if any from the American made ones? The gun would see duty at the range and out while plinking, would this model be suitable for the role? Pictures are welcomed! Thanks for your time

If you enjoyed reading about "Calling Beretta fans" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
November 24, 2006, 09:19 AM
I have 2 Italian 92s - one is a Centurion the other an inox fs. I have well over 25,000 rounds through them respectively and really like them both. As for the differences...
I only have experience w/ 2 early production US made 92fs'. Triggers pulls and accuracy are similar but I found the Italian guns to be smoother, shorter and a bit lighter. The biggest difference I saw was in fit/finish. The American made ones just seemed rougher than the Italian made ones.
If you can find an Italian 92fs for a good price, buy it & enjoy it! ;)

Marko Kloos
November 24, 2006, 09:51 AM
My Italian-made 92FS was a little more expensive...$539, I think.

For a range gun and plinker, I can't think of any better pistol. A 92FS is what I usually hand to new shooters unfamiliar with guns...the recoil is next to nil, and most everybody can shoot the Beretta well.

As for the difference between Italian- and US-made 92FS pistols...I've owned several US-made ones before this Italian 92FS, and the only difference I can make out is the different markings, and the additional (ugly) laser etching of the import mark and "Fires without Magazine" warning on the frame of the Italian gun.

Muncus Agruncus
November 26, 2006, 01:46 PM
Marko-
Would you happen to have any pictures of your Italian 92FS?
Thanks for the responses!

WarMachine
November 26, 2006, 02:09 PM
I'm thinking about picking one up myself if I can find one locally for 499 or below.

Frandy
November 26, 2006, 02:12 PM
As a matter of fact, just bought one yesterday! NIB, made in Italy in 1990. Came with these Beretta ivorylight grips.

http://homepage.mac.com/franman/.Pictures/Handguns/92FS_Left_side_640_noserial.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/franman/.Pictures/Handguns/92FS_Right_side_640.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Calling Beretta fans" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!